Driving for supermarkets

sco:
‘…fleetboard bonus…’

PMSL

In the absence of such niceties - and my TM telling me that the ‘…priority is to service stores…’ my priority has become to GTF home ASAP :smiley:

sco:

YorkshireJeff:

sco:

rob22888:
Yep. When I worked in a Tesco store I used to refuse to work on a Sunday because I’d get paid time & a half whilst working alongside people earning double bubble. Wrong.

i have been told:

£9.65 ph, 42 hr contract.

+25% for overtime
+25% for weekend
+50% for bank holidays.

Is that through an agency ?

No, direct with Tesco. are those rates good?

Sorry Sco i wouldn’t know i currently work for a agency on 7.5 t & get £8.50 ph mainly pallet work.

YorkshireJeff:

sco:

YorkshireJeff:

sco:

rob22888:
Yep. When I worked in a Tesco store I used to refuse to work on a Sunday because I’d get paid time & a half whilst working alongside people earning double bubble. Wrong.

i have been told:

+25% for overtime
+25% for weekend
+50% for bank holidays.

Sorry Sco i wouldn’t know i currently work for a agency on 7.5 t & get £8.50 ph mainly pallet work.

Was speaking to an artic driver on £8.30ph the other day, amazes me how low the rates are.

sco:

YorkshireJeff:

sco:

YorkshireJeff:

sco:

rob22888:

i have been told:

+25% for overtime
+25% for weekend
+50% for bank holidays.

Was speaking to an artic driver on £8.30ph the other day, amazes me how low the rates are.

Should probably think myself fortunate then, although i am ltd comp

Scotland should be pushing for equal pay with the rest of the UK - now they’re staying in! :bulb:

Winseer:
Scotland should be pushing for equal pay with the rest of the UK - now they’re staying in! :bulb:

Whats the standard ph rate down south?

If I were to go in there, £10.75ph for midweek nights @ tescos. That’s considered to be a bit on the low side as well. :open_mouth:

I’m working out of Aldi Chelmsford for agency, I’m on £12 p/hr don’t want the temp to perm as I only want 3/4 days a week, if I do 4 days I normally earn around £600, they are looking for 30 full time drivers 10 weeks temp to perm and earnings are £35-45k p/a.
If I knew how to upload an image I’d post the ad in this weeks Chelmsford paper for drivers in Aldi.

From the Aldi Website: aldirecruitment.co.uk/distribution/

Market-Leading Package
We offer a minimum starting wage of £9.85 per hour rising to £10.90 if you work days. If you work nights it’s £11.62 rising to £12.86 per hour. Some of our Drivers say this is the most they’ve ever earned, even when they were doing long-haul. When you’re earning good money over shorter distances, life is sweet: you’ll have more time for yourself and the family. What’s more, we’ll give you four weeks’ paid holiday (rising to five), plus paid Bank Holidays. Even better.

Winseer:
If I were to go in there, £10.75ph for midweek nights @ tescos. That’s considered to be a bit on the low side as well. :open_mouth:

That’s lower than the day rate.

Don’t know if this’ll work, but here go’s

jobs.thisistotalessex.co.uk/cgi- … em&sctr=LO

£11.92 ph basic and £17.02 overtime after 45 hrs. 55-60 hours a week if you want it. 40 hours if you don’t (made up to 45 paid)

Home every night. £32 night out if you do get caught out.

Double time + lieu day on bank hols

26 weeks per year full sick pay.

Kit never more than 4 years old.

What’s not to like?

I’m at the Northampton Clothing depot btw.

Yes, Chelmsford does seem to be better for pay all around. Kent isn’t nearly as good as what they’re getting across the river… :frowning:

karl67:
hourly rates have lowered with the new contracts and now more inline with other supermarkets.
We all knew the old contracts would change oneday, it was mad what you could earn, with sunday, overtime rates and ever seventh week off then working it as overtime.

The 7th week was called “grab a grand week” :laughing:

sco:

I was speaking to a Stobart driver from Tesco Goole the other week at a store, think he said £7.85ph. No wonder they are struggling for drivers in there. I’m not on megabucks but I didn’t want to tell him what I was on, just said “yea, i’m on about the same” :blush: It’s sad really.

George@ASDA driver:
£11.92 ph basic and £17.02 overtime after 45 hrs. 55-60 hours a week if you want it. 40 hours if you don’t (made up to 45 paid)

What’s not to like?

I’d that nationwide, George, or does rate differ over depots ?

rob22888:

sco:

I was speaking to a Stobart driver from Tesco Goole the other week at a store, think he said £7.85ph. No wonder they are struggling for drivers in there. I’m not on megabucks but I didn’t want to tell him what I was on, just said “yea, i’m on about the same” :blush: It’s sad really.

I went for an interview at Tesco Goole for Stobarts in 2010 and it was £7.20 ph for the 1st 12 months and then £8.20 after, not the best rate, I got in At Norberts next door in the mean time so never went there

selby newcomer:

rob22888:

sco:

I went for an interview at Tesco Goole for Stobarts in 2010 and it was £7.20 ph for the 1st 12 months and then £8.20 after, not the best rate, I got in At Norberts next door in the mean time so never went there

And Norby’s pay rates are ?
(Just for comparison purposes, ok I’m a nosey git)
Jim

Found this: http about aldi: //www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=105079

are Aldi still this bad? Tesco is lower money but is the work easier than aldi appear to be.

George@ASDA driver:

What’s not to like?

any idea if the pay is the same at Grangemouth?

Can’t imagine there’s a lot of manual work delivering to Asda stores?