Drivers CPC

Ok, its an old thread but still topical. I was talking to a driver today who has now done 21 hours on this course, this driver is only a novice (21years exp), he now knows how to do the daily check, fill his tacho in, and most importantly climb in the cab safely!!! Is it any wonder the whole issue is totally discredited?? regards kevmac47.

Who ever agrees to do a CPC course is a ■■■■■■■ mug :grimacing:
I will keep driving until my ‘grandfather rights’ expire, there is no chance in hell will I sit in a classroom for 35 hours evey 5 years to be taught the same crap I already know :unamused: I will go back to being a brickie/stonemason.
Whoever spends at least 1 milisecond doing a CPC course needs to be shot IMO.
This is one EU law that could have be scrapped if drivers all stuck together!!!

bubsy06:
Who ever agrees to do a CPC course is a [zb] mug :grimacing:
I will keep driving until my ‘grandfather rights’ expire, there is no chance in hell will I sit in a classroom for 35 hours evey 5 years to be taught the same crap I already know :unamused: I will go back to being a brickie/stonemason.
Whoever spends at least 1 milisecond doing a CPC course needs to be shot IMO.
This is one EU law that could have be scrapped if drivers all stuck together!!!

Drivers sticking together is another issue. I hear men talking that what we need is total shutdown of the industry (STRIKE). I was involved in the last strike in 1979 and I vowed then I would never be involved in another. We were about the last to go back to work on Tyneside as we could not agree to what was on offer,all the men we had stood shoulder to shoulder with on the picket line said we are happy with our settlement so we are going back.
( I must say now I don’t blame them, we had been out over the the worst of the winter weather and we were getting desperate) . In the end we were literally starved back to work . Regards, kevmac47

kevmac47:
Drivers sticking together is another issue. I hear men talking that what we need is total shutdown of the industry (STRIKE). I was involved in the last strike in 1979 and I vowed then I would never be involved in another. We were about the last to go back to work on Tyneside as we could not agree to what was on offer,all the men we had stood shoulder to shoulder with on the picket line said we are happy with our settlement so we are going back.
( I must say now I don’t blame them, we had been out over the the worst of the winter weather and we were getting desperate) . In the end we were literally starved back to work . Regards, kevmac47

I think the issue is that most people work for different companies and there is no union for truckers, its no good if bobs haulage with 4 drivers go on strike and Stobarts and Wincanton with 4000+ drivers don’t.

kevmac47:
I was talking to a driver today who has now done 21 hours on this course, this driver is only a novice (21years exp), he now knows how to do the daily check, fill his tacho in, and most importantly climb in the cab safely!!!

Good for that inexperienced driver :smiley: :smiley:
Certain aspects of the dcpc are good for those without experience

Where the whole thing falls down is for those with experience.
OK, some with experience may need a little help with a few things, perhaps on a couple of the regulations, but not to the extent that is now being forced on them

My view - assess each driver then train individual drivers on any gaps in their knowledge.

Most of us are happy to learn new things but not to have someone spout off what we already know because that is boring.

I can understand experienced drivers problem with CPC, I had C1 grandads not that I ever used it, decided give trucks a go C+E (class1) always being my goal. The way I seen it C was just was just a pass through because I could have went direct from B to class 1 many times in the past.

By just doing C+E (class1) 4 weeks after my C pass I have a full 35hrs drivers CPC and a DQC to prove it valid till 2019.

Glad I’ve got it but I can see how it would ■■■■ of the old hands, I have yet to turn a wheel for a living in trucks and now I’m supposedly more “qualified” than those still to do CPC, that can’t be right.

ROG:
Certain aspects of the dcpc are good for those without experience

Where the whole thing falls down is for those with experience.
OK, some with experience may need a little help with a few things, perhaps on a couple of the regulations, but not to the extent that is now being forced on them

My view - assess each driver then train individual drivers on any gaps in their knowledge.

Most of us are happy to learn new things but not to have someone spout off what we already know because that is boring.

Thing is ROG they will end up teaching the same thing every 5 years.
It really is a money making con that need to be stopped ASAP.