Drivers CPC Europe or UK Law

Has the drivers CPC been adopted into UK Law or is it still a European Ruling.

When it is applied and active in the UK it has been adopted into UK law. I doubt very much it is going to go away and judging by some of the complete bollox posted on this forum in regards to drivers hours its sorely needed.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver_CPC
According to this link it`s a European Union Directive.
nortonrosefulbright.com/know … -framework
And this link explains what happens to Eu Directives and what happens after Brexit.
Because it has already passed through the UK Parliament it is now part of UK law, so it would need another Act of Parliament to repeal it.
I imagine repealing it will be low on the list of priorities for whoever is in government then?

Conor:
When it is applied and active in the UK it has been adopted into UK law. I doubt very much it is going to go away and judging by some of the complete bollox posted on this forum in regards to drivers hours its sorely needed.

From what I see it’s only the driver hours bit that is needed

Franglais:
Driver CPC - Wikipedia
According to this link it`s a European Union Directive.
nortonrosefulbright.com/know … -framework
And this link explains what happens to Eu Directives and what happens after Brexit.
Because it has already passed through the UK Parliament it is now part of UK law, so it would need another Act of Parliament to repeal it.
I imagine repealing it will be low on the list of priorities for whoever is in government then?

What he said,

The other sign that it’s UK law is that each country was offered various options to implementing the DCPC, so how the course is conducted changes between countries.
I worked with a Spanish lad who’d passed his HGV in Spain but didn’t do the initial DCPC, we looked at the best option whether to do it in the UK or Spain. Doing it in Spain was far more expensive and time consuming than doing it in the UK.

ROG:

Conor:

From what I see it’s only the driver hours bit that is needed

Yeh if we must :unamused: … or they could just simplify it all instead of making it so ■■■■ complex when there is no real need…or is that the reason for it :bulb: … am I being too slow here.

I think we all learned how to dismount from a cab, and all the h&s ■■■■■■■■ and the like, and even if we didn’t why do we keep having to go back periodically to endure it all again or lose our jobs.

No escaping it then :frowning:

nedflanders:

There is, change careers!

tommymanc:

nedflanders:

Which direction are you coming from on that exactly?
Maybe he loves the job, so why should he be driven out of it by ott buteaucracy.
Are you saying he should not complain about it but just roll over, ■■■■ it up and take it or what ?
What does that policy ever achieve apart from receiving even more injustice and downright ■■■■■■■■.
Ok, maybe complaining is futile, but at least it shows a degree of defiance, and if practiced by a few more, it could be the seeds of actually eventually achieving something …who knows.

tommymanc:

nedflanders:

Good answer! Avoid paying Income Tax too by choosing a low paid job. We all have choices after all.

nedflanders:

There are too many people making money out of the DCPC for it to be scrapped, you can bet your life that at the first mention of it being scrapped half the MPs in the country would become paid lobbyists to stop it being scrapped.