Driver CPC Module 4

I have been teaching the Module 4 practical demonstration since last Sept and have published a freely available manual on this site. I am now trying to create an improved version possibly containing some video covering the 20 possible questions asked in the exam.

I would be keen to read the experience of anyone who has failed the test. What training was provided beforehand and how long did that training take.

Also which questions were marked below 15.

I would also be keen to know if the load securing trolley was used on your test as some centres use it regularly and others have never used it.

The feedback would be used to create a section in the new manual about possible problems and oddities with this part of the CPC.

regards

John

LGVTrainer:
have published a freely available manual on this site

INITIAL DRIVER CPC MODULE 4
and very useful it has been too - THANK YOU :smiley:

I am very interested in pursuing a career as a trainer myself and wonder can you point me in the right direction
what training would i need and where is it available ( I am in the west Midland’s)
any help would be appreciated
Brian

theshed:
I am very interested in pursuing a career as a trainer myself and wonder can you point me in the right direction
what training would i need and where is it available ( I am in the west Midland’s)
any help would be appreciated
Brian

What sort of trainer - LGV instructor, periodic Dcpc trainer etc ■■

It was the dcpc trainer iI was interested in,
I have been driving since around 1976 had enough of the road but would like to make good use of my experience,
and thought this is an area that i would slot into quite well.

thanks for the help so far
Brian

theshed:
It was the dcpc trainer iI was interested in,

To be an approved Dcpc trainer for THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC you have to work for an approved JAUPT Dcpc provider (or providers)
(I stress PERIODIC Dcpc as this thread refers to module 4 for THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC )

There are two options to be an approved trainer - official paper accreditation (done apropriate courses and passed exams) or have a letter(s) from current or former employers saying that you are competent in specific areas.

TBH - at present this is nowhere near a full time occupation (probably struggle for decent part time work) as the uptake is so low and many large companies are already JAUPT approved for their own in-house training using their own in-house trainers

Going self employed might be a way to get the odd bit of work in this field

Being able to mutlitask such as being an LGV and/or FLT instructor as well as a DCPC trainer is likely to be more beneficial

Drivers are reluctant to commit to this, and rightly so, as many are being forced to pay out of their own pockets for it and/or resent being made to listen to stuff they know already and for what? - better pay and conditions? - nope

Ok, they may learn something in a 7 hour session but why sit there for 7 hours when perhaps only 30 mins of it for example was useful to a particular driver !!

There is no assessment to determine what, if anything, a driver needs and no testing to find out if a driver who did need training has assimilated & understood what was taught -the whole thing is a totally daft EU idea in it’s current form

thanks for the info
as I have been out of work for 2 years now and really dont want to sign with an agency that want to ring you up and expect you to drop everything and go,
thought that with the forcoming (LOL) upturn of the recession and the fact most smaller companies are putting this training off,there is likely to be a small rush that just might see me through till the end of my time (hold on that time keeps moving-add another year now)
you may say why have i been unemployed for 2 years and at this point can only say fell out of favour with top managers from DH hell and it was really painfull
but there goes another story.

thanks again for your help
Brian

theshed:
thought that with the forcoming (LOL) upturn of the recession and the fact most smaller companies are putting this training off,there is likely to be a small rush that just might see me through till the end of my time

Maybe from the end of 2012 or mid 2013 - but that’s my personal opinion