Initial Driver CPC Module 4

Hi,
How many training companies who bought or had made the cage for the Module 4, have found it a waste of money, or it gets used, just thought I would ask.

I don’t know the answer but I would imagine that all those drivers needing the initial Dcpc must be using them

OFFICIAL

HOME MADE

chevmac:

Bought the proper job from the word “go”. Just another investment in the gear to do the job properly. Paid for itself several times so perfectly happy. :laughing: :laughing:

Hi,
For a large company, it must be a good investment if it is being used all the time, but for a small company, I would say no.

Surely every training company should have one as standard kit,
Right tools for the job and all that,

but for a small company, I would say no.

Why not join with other small trainers and agree a system of co-operation? One demonstration trolley between, say, five trainers makes a lot of sense. Or hire yours out to other trainers. Or make sure you’re the trainer for the area providing the service. Why use the trolley just for Mod 4? What’s wrong with teaching existing drivers?

Time to think outside the box (or the trolley!) :laughing: :laughing:

We also bought the trolley from the same place the DSA got their’s from. We use 2 different test centres, Chelmsford and Purfleet both in Essex.

Chelmsford examiners use it all the time but Purfleet has never used it when we have tested there.

To be honest Peter’s suggestion of several companies sharing it is a good idea as we probably use it once every 2 weeks for about 1 hour.

It would be very difficult to prepare someone for the Mod 4 test without it though.

Regards

John