Drive-a-truck experience days?

Does anyone do these things? A bit like going in a lotus or a ferrari on track for a day, but in a truck, getting to wizz round some sort of purpose designed site, do a spot of reversing etc…?

If so, can you point me to a website? Google wasn’t much help with the search terms I could think of.

uniqueideas4gifts.co.uk/truck-driving.html

flashiness.com/pr-comp/pr-ex … 223259.htm

hope this helps.

:slight_smile:

Ta :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the potential gift recipient is 4’ 11" (and a half inch :smiley: ) so that particular firm is no good :frowning: minimum height of 5’ 2".

Got this from Rog’s signature,think he works there.
site.roadrunnertraining.co.uk/ca … 9f&ID=1365

Thats some price for an hour in an oul daf. I’d be wanting a peterbilt for that sorta cash. :smiley:

gsm31:
Got this from Rog’s signature,think he works there.
site.roadrunnertraining.co.uk/ca … 9f&ID=1365

Not done one exactly like that yet but I have done a corporate “big boys toys” day where I let over 40 people drive the artic for about 10 mins each including a reverse - on private ground of course and in low range only as 15mph speed limit

We are in the process of arranging a ‘safe roads’ day at Millbrook Proving Ground,where car licence holders can have a go in lgv’s and pcv’s or be taken out in these vehicles and get an understanding of the room these vehicles need to manouvre.They can also go out in a fire tender,ambulance and be taken out with Police drivers.When all is confirmed,i will post details.

The company I trained with do “experience days” on a private “road” layout somewhere in the southwest,

www.lorrydrivertraining.co.uk

(looks like they’re stopping it in March)

extrucker:
We are in the process of arranging a ‘safe roads’ day at Millbrook Proving Ground,where car licence holders can have a go in lgv’s and pcv’s or be taken out in these vehicles and get an understanding of the room these vehicles need to manouvre.They can also go out in a fire tender,ambulance and be taken out with Police drivers.When all is confirmed,i will post details.

Been round Millbrook in a rallycar awesome place!

A driver was talking to our driver trainer one day about booking his girlfriend on to one of these courses. When the trainer found out how much these “days” cost he had a word with the TM who helped organise a day for the workers to bring along a family member to have a drive in one of our trucks on site for free!

Good PR if nothing else, along with invaluable insight for non trucking drivers into how much room an artic needs to manouvre. :slight_smile:

el gordo 78:
Does anyone do these things? A bit like going in a lotus or a ferrari on track for a day, but in a truck, getting to wizz round some sort of purpose designed site, do a spot of reversing etc…?

If so, can you point me to a website? Google wasn’t much help with the search terms I could think of.

I’m not sure what area you are in but there’s loads of them near me. Just google…“driving agencies in Merseyside”. I’ve been doing loads of days like that !!

Mike-C:
I’m not sure what area you are in but there’s loads of them near me. Just google…“driving agencies in Merseyside”. I’ve been doing loads of days like that !!

:smiley: :smiley:

Or try the M6 on a Sunday night, when the Scots and the Irish come thundering down.

:wink: :laughing:

manbymotorplex.com/res_websi … ode=MBY100

Went on a tank driving day here about ten years ago.

el gordo 78:
Ta :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the potential gift recipient is 4’ 11" (and a half inch :smiley: ) so that particular firm is no good :frowning: minimum height of 5’ 2".

Is the recipient a “he” or a “she”

Seriously, if it is a female, try contacting the Marie Curie Cancer Care charity and see if they have a ladies driving challange near you. Mrs Semtex did one last year and got to drive -

Artic
Double drcker bus
Tank
Skid car
Tractor
Fire engine

All that is required is to be a full car licence holder and raise a minimum £100 sponsership for the charity.