Downloading Digi-Cards

Hello everyone… first time poster.

I work in a transport office with a mixed fleet of analogue and digital tachograph trucks. These trucks are not permanently allocated to one driver so all drivers could theoretically ,within a twenty eight day period, use their digi cards for one or more shifts.

My question is simple really, how often do you/your company download your digi-cards - every shift, after a week or longer.

Your thoughts and recommendations most welcome, thanks.

Where I’m at at the moment, we do it at the end of every shift. Other places I’ve worked at have been on a weekly basis.

:sunglasses: Welcome Cronus, our drivers all have cards downloaded at the end of each shift, unless they do a night out or two / three / four :open_mouth: in which case it`s at the end of the last shift :sunglasses:

The last place I worked at I used to do it every week & so did most of the other drivers, at least that way you dont forget.
I’m back on paper charts now thank christ, Digi Tachos are a pain in the arse.

Every shift, and it still takes ages to download.

its a mix of daily & weekly (for staff and agy drivers) depending on whos site your on.
But for a small firm, look at your current proceedure for tacho analysis, as you can`t have 2 proceedures in place, 1 for analogue, and another for digi.

But I`d look at the past history and driving styles of the drivers themselves, to see wether they are prone to (over) speeding, infringements etc, before deciding the frequency of downloads.

above average driving/drivers - weekly downloading

Poor driving/drivers - I`d lean to daily downloads, so it can be montored and the driver de-briefed, and the error of their ways pointed out to them so you can nip it in the bud. this would probably have some benefits for both drivers (less infringements) and the fleet (improved costs & wear and tear etc)

We downlload our cards every time we are in any company depot,

Fortunately all the information goes to central office and reports are sent out weekly with any infringements.

The downside to that is the reports are in French :stuck_out_tongue: which confuses the Hungarians more than it does us :wink: