Domestic Hours

just trying to clarify if domestic hours you can only be on duty for up to 11 hours except in an emergency situation and what other major differances are their?

11 hours duty time a day, 10 hours driving a day, drive for 4 hours or less each day of the week and you’re exempt from the daily duty time limit.

[u]See page 24[/u] Rules on Drivers’ Hours and Tachographs

so if your duty time is 11 hrs a day…how come you can work 3 x 15 hour shifts in a week. ■■
i wish i could tell my boss that i can only work an 11 hour shift…

truckyboy:
so if your duty time is 11 hrs a day…how come you can work 3 x 15 hour shifts in a week. ■■

There is domestic hours and EU hours thats why.
domestic hours are only any good if your starting at Wick and heading to Bristol only stopping for a gypsies kiss.

truckyboy:

hallblade asked about domestic hours.

Silly ol trucky…i`ll read the post properly next time…its me old age ya know…

truckyboy:
Silly ol trucky…i`ll read the post properly next time…its me old age ya know…

username change to truckyoldboy :question: :question: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Where folk get confused with Domestic Hours (for HGV’s 'cos PSV’s are different) is that the 11 hour daily duty period is not continuous, unlike EU hours. To try and make sense of this;

imagine you start work at 06:00 and work and drive until 12:00.
You now have three hours off, your time, you can walk away from the vehicle if you wish. You resume work / driving at 15:00
You now work and drive until 20:00.

In terms of the legislation you have worked for 11 hours (including your driving, which must not be more than 10 hours). You cannot start work before 06:00 the following day, if you do, then the total work (or driving) in a 24 hour period will be added together and may mean you have committed an offence.