Doctors appointments.Away all week

How do other drivers get to see the doc,when the weeks work is planned in ahead.If work Mon to Sat,it is not possible.If the other side of the country,cant just drop trailer,bob tail,tractor solo to the doc. :question:

Depends on how the booking system for that the surgery operates and whether it is open at all when you are at home

Just thought.Are NHS walk in centres open Sundays.Failing that,accident and emergency at hospitals is 24/7,always a doc there.Triage system operates,degree of seriousness.

You tell your company when the appointment is and they should ensure you will be back… Your health must come first …

Health and safety at work act 1974

Your company must ensure your health and safety at work …

If you miss a doctors appointment and you have an accident caused by an illness that would have been detected by your doctor and your company did not allow you to attend the appointment…

Would be very interesting…

i got a verbal warning once for going to doctors lol, appointment was for 5pm, was ment to be in the yard by 1/2pm so plenty of time, needed to unload 30odd cages and was told by one of the managers it was ok for me to leave it and go, then general manager called me in and give me the old mouth… i said i had docters and he didnt care.

Book an appointment for 1st one on a Monday morning.

Tell co. (not ask!) “I won’t be able to start until xyz time monday as I have an important doctor’s appointment I’ve been waiting for, for weeks.”

simples

Driveroneuk:

Tell co. (not ask!) “I won’t be able to start until xyz time monday as I have an important doctor’s appointment I’ve been waiting for, for weeks.”

simples

My old company were very good with that, but the problem comes when you have a scheduled hospital appointment, if the consultant only visits every third Wednesday per month. It becomes very difficult to be home when you are a continental driver, especially for a mid week consultation. I started to take my holidays once I knew I had an appointment.

It matters not a lot at the moment as I am free to visit the Hospital at any time, I am sick of it I am :frowning:

Wheel Nut:

Driveroneuk:

simples

My old company were very good with that, but the problem comes when you have a scheduled hospital appointment, if the consultant only visits every third Wednesday per month. It becomes very difficult to be home when you are a continental driver, especially for a mid week consultation. I started to take my holidays once I knew I had an appointment.

It matters not a lot at the moment as I am free to visit the Hospital at any time, I am sick of it I am :frowning:

but what happens when you book your holiday too coincide with your appointment and the hospital or drs cancel or change the date as they do ■■?

HAIRYGORILLA:

Wheel Nut:

Driveroneuk:

simples

but what happens when you book your holiday too coincide with your appointment and the hospital or drs cancel or change the date as they do ■■?

I go to the seaside :laughing:

After about 6 years living here, the doctors receptionists have finally realised it is difficult for some occupations and keep a couple of 15 minute appointments spare at either end of the week. Drop in centres, Triage and NHS Direct have improved matters too in this area.