A how do you one for trampers

I recently had to have a day off unpaid to see my doctor , asked for Saturday but no appointments for apx a month , I’ve now got a HGv medical , asked again at docs for a Saturday but they said you have to see nurse before doctor and there’s no
nurses in on a Saturday so have to have a point ment in the week , again unpaid
the money isn’t that important , company say if you’ve a doctors appointment we have to give you time off for it ( day as have to cover truck ) but the way he said again :exclamation: :exclamation: when ok ing made it obvious he was less than impressed
so how do you other trampers go about doctors appointments :question:
nb I can go to out of hours at hospital , they’ll treat you to a certain extent but anything more they just tell you to see your doc
ta

Dozy’s last hospital visit…

2017-11-14-21-26-03-.jpg

When I had my medical…i booked it for a Friday afternoon.
Just told work, I needed an early finish.

My GP surgery doesn’t open at the weekends so I book either first thing Monday and start late or late Friday and finish early.

Book the appointment whenever they can get me in,then tell gaffer I need to be done in time that day.
Always try for a tea time appointment as I hate starting late…
If your gaffer won’t work round it then he is a not a good gaffer…

Also why do some lorry drivers think they should demand a Saturday appointment■■?
Iv worked with loads of guys who say this,but it ain’t about not been able to get there,it’s the fact they don’t want to “lose” a night out as it makes them an inferior trucker if they go home through the week,

How? Easy; work somewhere with a decent union. If we have any kind of doctors/dentist appointment all we do is take our TM the appointment card in and we get the day off. Oh, forgot to add we also get 10 hours pay too! ■■■■ you unions, all in it for yourselves :wink:

If its for a hgv medical, i cant see how they can refuse…whether you get paid or not is up to them.

the maoster:
How? Easy; work somewhere with a decent union. If we have any kind of doctors/dentist appointment all we do is take our TM the appointment card in and we get the day off. Oh, forgot to add we also get 10 hours pay too! ■■■■ you unions, all in it for yourselves :wink:

I'mpartofhteunion!.jpg

:slight_smile:

madmackem:
My GP surgery doesn’t open at the weekends so I book either first thing Monday and start late or late Friday and finish early.

But , the thing is , that might be a bit of an issue :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused:

I had my medical last week with a private doctor on a Saturday. Don’t need to use your own surgery for that and you normally find it cheaper if you don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

commonrail:
When I had my medical…i booked it for a Friday afternoon.
Just told work, I needed an early finish.

Dozy isn’t allowed an early Friday. In Stobarts t&cs

I book any appointment for either 1st thing Monday or last thing Friday

I managed to get to my appointment for 1pm today, then home for a nice steak dinner

lordsofthewaun:
I had my medical last week with a private doctor on a Saturday. Don’t need to use your own surgery for that and you normally find it cheaper if you don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what I’ve now changed to , something 4 at Lincoln on a Saturday , did ask them if it was possible to do this Saturday afternoon as ive a speed awareness course at Lincoln in the morning , kill 2 birds with one stone , but 1 St THEYVE got is 17 th ,

dozy:
I recently had to have a day off unpaid to see my doctor , asked for Saturday but no appointments for apx a month , I’ve now got a HGv medical , asked again at docs for a Saturday but they said you have to see nurse before doctor and there’s no
nurses in on a Saturday so have to have a point ment in the week , again unpaid
the money isn’t that important , company say if you’ve a doctors appointment we have to give you time off for it ( day as have to cover truck ) but the way he said again :exclamation: :exclamation: when ok ing made it obvious he was less than impressed
so how do you other trampers go about doctors appointments :question:
nb I can go to out of hours at hospital , they’ll treat you to a certain extent but anything more they just tell you to see your doc
ta

youtu.be/I1LXA8GWAtI

Simple. Try and get a date/time that’s workable ie Mon am (or even Tues am where they get you back Mon night) or Fri pm.
Tell them you have an appointment and you NEED the time for it, and keep reminding them 2 or 3 days before…ie give them a good chance to sort it. :bulb:

Never had a problem, then again I don’t work for an outfit like your crew who thinks (and knows) they can do wtf they like with you.
I can’t believe those wonkers you work for, with the amount of motors, resources and facilities at hand they have, that they can’t get you back…more of a case of can’t be arsed to sort it more like.
If they can’t/won’t let you off for your appointment, make one for Mon morn, say nothing, and when they tell you what you’re doing on the preceding Fri, just say ‘‘No, can’t, NEED to go to Docs as I told you last week, you did not bother, so I’ll be late’’
They’re supposed to be ‘planners’ ffs…the clue’s in the name. :bulb:

Btw…my mate who works for your lot does the same as me and never had a prob afaik, don’t let them ■■■■ you about so much doze.

Much better work work tramping Tuesday-Saturday.MOnday can sort out any problem in private life.

Casual Observer:

madmackem:

But , the thing is , that might be a bit of an issue :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused:

Not an issue for me or my planner. The boss might say something but as he happens to use the same GP as me, he knows it’s not open at the weekend.

I only live about three miles from the yard.

I just try and be considerate when booking any appointments and, as has been said, keep reminding the planner.

Were I go, various places throughout the UK.
driversmedicals.com

And bloody cheaper than my doctor who wanted £180.

just a bit off but I know a guy who at a previous job long long distance (Canada -usa) booked a Saturday off a month in advance (had a medical,dentist appointments and a wedding to go to in the evening) planned well!.. every Monday and Friday reminded them he wanted home on that date,he worked out a month at a time so that week before came …yup back in Canada heading east to unload he reminded them every morning on the qualcom ,he unloaded on Wednesday 7hrs from home base THEN he is told 1 load back to home the rest loading home on Saturday afternoon,and he was second truck,driver 1 says no problem take the load ,dispatch says nope we tell you what to do, well he didn’t take driver ones load he drove empty home emptied his truck and started another job on the Monday. total respect!!!