Do people take their trucks home?

Hi just a quick question i am currently in the process of obtaing my class 2 then my class 1 and then i will be ready lol . Anyway my uncle has told me he can get me a job on the irish doing europe etc and i was just wandering do peolpe take their trucks home at a weekend , or is it a long commute on a monday morning and then back home on a saturday morning for most of ya ■■?

Thanks Rich

Depends on the company but most mid to small companies dont mind

When i worked for Brits ZEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBB
i parked the truck near home in secure locked yard

when i worked for PMT i used to take the truck home and parked opposite my house

its a thing of the past just dumping the wagon on a bit of waste land

in my experience it all depends on the firm you work for, the neighbours at home and vosa. if its a regular thing then your boss can get operating centres set up at local haulage firms that are ok to let you park or truckstops. jeffreys haulage in swadlincote used to have many firms park in their yard on a weekend with the parking paid on account. i know murfitts/norfolk line had it as an op centre when i was with them

vosa have no control thankfully if you park an irish truck outside the house as i have right now as i type in here.

but be careful.
a friend of mine now deceased had his irish truck parked outside his house in liverpool about 6 years ago.
in the morning it was gone.
the council had it taken away to a park in north wales.
i brought him out to get it and it cost £700 at the time for towing and storage.
i dont know what rights the council had,he never challenged it.would have been better going to a solicitors office and ringing from there.
it was theft basically.
he was only home for one night.

the last thing i wanna see from my kitchen window would be my truck i live in it long enough all week so although i could bring it home i dont

when did you work for muppets mate i was on with them to

bigdaz1970:
when did you work for muppets mate i was on with them to

There are one or two other Ex-Murfitts on here.

The trouble is that as soon as Beverley Bell-end finds out you are keeping the truck away from the Operating Centre, she will pull that face she does, like her lookalike off of Dragons Den.

I bring mine as far as the local truckstop,along with half a dozen other local driver’s.
It would be alongside the house if i lved in a rural area.

I worked for brit european and Van vooret and always brought my truck home!!

Mine is sat outside on the street.
And if Beverley bell end has a problem with it, So [zb]ing what.

we had a local haulier let its drivers take the waggons home every night and vosa came down on them like a ton of bricks because it wasnt parked at the operating centre or workshop for repairs, they got told they was in breach of operating licence. :cry:

If it’s on Southern Irish plates there is not much Beverly Bell can do about it is there?

limeyphil:
Mine is sat outside on the street.
And if Beverley bell end has a problem with it, So [zb]ing what. poe faced ■■■■■.

You fancy her dont you phil… admit it! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just another example of us brits following the letter of the law while the rest of europe can do what they want…was with Nedexco for 1.5yrs, brought the truck home every weekend…then with a guy in Belgium, brought it home every weekend…if you use any rural routes in europe at night or on the weekend you can see lots of owner drivers trucks parked outside their house or in their drive…really pees me off all the bloody legislation red tape and stoopid flaming rules we have to follow over here

Rant over…good night :wink: