Digit tacho hading in your hours

If I work for an agency and have a print out of my hours of the digi tacho … I know I am supposed to keep a period of days but what do I do if a transport manager for the company I am working for wants details of my card of the hours worked etc etc. I know they can download them . Question is if they download them does the original info stay on the card?

Also if I have a print out is that more to cover me should VOSA pull me over. I know they can download the information from my card but why else would you keep a printed copy…

I am sorry if this topic sounds vauge but I would appreciate some clarification

The info on your card stays there until it starts to overwrite it’s self ie it will hold at least 28 days of info but will actualy hold a lot more, so when you download it only copies the info not deleate it.
VOSA can only read the info from your card if you are in a digital tacho wagon at the time of being stopped so if driving wagons with chart’s you need to keep print out’s for the last 28 days.
And you would still need to keep any event printouts for the 28 days ie running over time etc etc.

wagonlad:
VOSA can only read the info from your card if you are in a digital tacho wagon at the time of being stopped so if driving wagons with chart’s you need to keep print out’s for the last 28 days.

I thought they could read the card anyway whatever you were driving :confused:
I use a digicard every day and don’t take a print-out. If I had to use an analogue unexpectedly I would be stuffed :exclamation: I do take a print-out if I have any possible errors (usually forgeting to put the ■■■■ thing on break cos it defaults to other work) and write the explanation on the back.

Your card can be read without removing what is already stored as wagonlad said.

Wagonlad said;

NO,NO,NO and a THOUSAND TIMES NO!

VOSA and many other enforcement agencies have card readers that are able to read the driver card.

Under normal circumstances, there is no requirement to do daily printouts. But if you drive an analogue vehicle and have been issued with a digital tacho card you MUST carry the card with you, even if you have never used the card. Similarly, if you are driving a digital vehicle you will need to carry any analogue charts you have used during the production period i.e; current day and previous 28.
If you needed to make printouts (your card was lost, stolen, damaged or malfunctions or you had exceeded hours due to an unforeseen emergency) you will need to carry these printouts, for the production period, whatever type of tacho the vehicle is fitted with

wagonlad:
The info on your card stays there until it starts to overwrite

Correct

wagonlad:

Incorrect. As has been discussed several dozen times on here in recent weeks, you do not need to take/keep printouts of any “normal” shift with a digital tachograph regardless of the combination of analogue/digital vehicles you drive. VOSA have card readers which can read the data straight off your card.

Paul

Bubble:
Also if I have a print out is that more to cover me should VOSA pull me over. I know they can download the information from my card but why else would you keep a printed copy…

The only reason to keep a printout would be if you have had to make one because your card is lost, stolen or damaged or if you have made a printout to enable you to write on the back of it an explanation for transgressing the regulations. there is no other reason to keep a printout, or even to take one in the first place.

has anybody got a link for legal requirements for print outs?

We have an agency driver in who prints everyday. The agency are argueing thats the law, which I think is ■■■■■■■■■. Plus he is eating paper rolls keep doing printouts

scottbrown:
has anybody got a link for legal requirements for print outs?

We have an agency driver in who prints everyday. The agency are argueing thats the law, which I think is ■■■■■■■■■. Plus he is eating paper rolls keep doing printouts

The agency are spectacularly full of crap. :wink: :smiley:

Just look at any copy of the regulations, nowhere does it state that a daily printout is required under normal operation. if it was required it would have to say so.

From the revised 2007 edition of ‘Rules on Driver’s Hours & Tachographs - Goods Vehicles in the UK & Europe’ published by VOSA. Bottom of Page 34.

be able to produce at the roadside:

— charts and any legally required manual records for the current ‘fixed’ week and the previous 15 calendar days (this will change to the current day and previous 28 calendar days from 1 January 2008); and

— the driver’s digital smart card if they hold one.

Nothing about producing digital printouts - just charts, manual records & your DSC.

I carry one of these VOSA booklets with me for reference. Printed copy posted & free direct from VOSA to anyone who asks.

Linky to online copy vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/reposit … 202008.pdf

OTOH, my agency likes us to give them printouts as it’s1. Proof that we were there and working

1. Proof that we were actually using a digital tacho not a paper one, so that the client doesn’t comes back and complain about not receiving a paper tacho once the 28 days are up.

MrFlibble:
OTOH, my agency likes us to give them printouts as it’s1. Proof that we were there and working

1. Proof that we were actually using a digital tacho not a paper one, so that the client doesn’t comes back and complain about not receiving a paper tacho once the 28 days are up.

big difference in what an agency asks you to do for admin purposes and claiming something is legally required. Could be this is why the agency of the driver in the OP wants printouts and the driver has taken that to mean legally required.

Wouldn’t be the first time a driver gets the wrong end of the stick over regulations. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: