Confused about tachos

can any one tell me where i can find the rules on keeping tacho records, ie how long for and how long before they must be given to your employer? i think it’s 49 days that you have to keep with you but i’m usually wrong!

any help welcomed…!

claire

I worked agency for 5 years and just started full time last week, so i was unsure myself,

They informed me, keep 4 weeks plus the week you are on,

Digi is downloaded at the end of every week…

Hope this helps…

You must be able to produce the following at a roadside check;

the chart for the current day (usually helps if it’s in the tacho head)
any charts you have used in the previous 28 days
your digital smart card (if one has been issued to you)
any printouts or manual records you were required to make in the ‘current day, preceding 28.’

Charts, manual records and printouts must be returned to the Operator of the vehicle within 42 days. This is not the same as returning the chart within 42 days to the Agency.

Driver cards must be downloaded by the Operator at least ever 28 days, or when a driver finishes working for a particular Operator. This suggests that if you are Agency, then the Operator would be best advised to download your card at the end of your shift as they don’t know if you are coming back, unless on long term contract with them.
Operators must also download Vehicle Unit at least every 56 days.

Get a copy of GV262 from your local VOSA test station. The booklet is free and they will even post one to you if you ask nicely :smiley:

geebee45:
Get a copy of GV262 from your local VOSA test station. The booklet is free and they will even post one to you if you ask nicely :smiley:

Or click here for instant delivery! I didn’t know they had them at test stations, I could have saved myself a lot of paper and ink :blush:

Or go to local VOSA test station and pick 1 up

My trainin school gave me 1 when I passed

“Rules in Drivers Hours and Tachographs”

perfect…

thanks alot peeps, I will sit and study them just to make sure i am up to speed.

thanks again claire