Need some help with 28 day tacho rule

Need some help please peeps. I have not done any driving work for nearly 2 months now, when i get back in the truck do i need to carry : A) the last 28 days tachos that i WAS driving?, or B) if i have not drove the last 28 days, i have got nothing to handover? (to vosa)
I assume it is A) but not certain, if someone could put me straight, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Stigg46 :sunglasses:

It’s B :slight_smile: If you haven’t driven in 2 months then all the tacho’s you used should have already been returned.

It’s B If you haven’t driven in 2 months then all the tacho’s you used should have already been returned.

…to the operator within 42 days. :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

It’s B If you haven’t driven in 2 months then all the tacho’s you used should have already been returned.

…to the operator within 42 days. :laughing: :laughing:

42 days is the maximum, the book says this;

When driving a vehicle subject to EU or AETR rules, a driver is required to produce on request tachograph records for the current day and the previous 28 calendar days.

So you would only have the current days card, an Attestation form may come in useful, unless you want to waste 28 cards and draw lines on them all. Name. Date and Rest.

Thanks Guys. I have lent all my books to a friend, so had nothing to read up and check. Thanks alot. :smiley:

stigg46:
Need some help please peeps. I have not done any driving work for nearly 2 months now, when i get back in the truck do i need to carry : A) the last 28 days tachos that i WAS driving?, or B) if i have not drove the last 28 days, i have got nothing to handover? (to vosa)

Except your digi card if you have one.

Coffeeholic":
Except your digi card if you have one.

Yep my card will show no driving, just seems wrong to go out with no paper ones and an empty card. but as all they would ask for is last 28 calender days… i cant give them any if i havent had to use any. :slight_smile:
stigg46

stigg46:
Yep my card will show no driving, just seems wrong to go out with no paper ones and an empty card. but as all they would ask for is last 28 calender days… i cant give them any if i havent had to use any. :slight_smile:
stigg46

The fact the card is empty doesn’t matter. The regulations only require you to produce the card if you have one and they don’t specify how many days data must be on it, so zero days is fine. The current day plus previous 28 days thing is just for charts and any legally required manual records and doesn’t apply to digi cards.

And what happens if you don’t return any used cards (older than 28 days) to the operator within the 42 days?

Nezza:
And what happens if you don’t return any used cards (older than 28 days) to the operator within the 42 days?

You commit an offence for which the maximum fine is £2500. A good reason why you should never return them to an agency and trust them to pass them on. If they don’t the buck will end up with you as it is your responsibility to ensure they are returned to the correct place and the agency isn’t the correct place.

Ahhhh, oh dear !