Digi card expires tonight

My digi-card runs out today and as I’m on nights that’ll be halfway thru the shift, do I leave the old card in all shift or swap to the new one at midnight and do a printout at the end of the shift??

Here is another post that explains your question

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69794&hilit=expired+card

thanks, did do a search but thats a bit hit and miss depending on what words you use ;o)

Ta

That bit about the printouts in the above link is only if your current card doesn’t work on the last day, If it does work today then you don’t need printouts and at 01:00 your current card will be ejected form the machine. Pull over and insert the new one and you’re good to go. Best bet is to try to park up somewhere as it gets near to 01:00 then it makes the swapping easier. Just make a manual entry for any time delay between the old card popping out and inserting the new card.

Your card should work today as the problem with cards not working on their last day should be finished as we are now passed 26th August and it was only cards produced prior to 26th August 2006 that had the problem. It’s unlikely your current card was produced before then.

Coffeeholic:
That bit about the printouts in the above link is only if your current card doesn’t work on the last day, If it does work today then you don’t need printouts and at 01:00 your current card will be ejected form the machine. Pull over and insert the new one and you’re good to go. Best bet is to try to park somewhere near to 01:00 then it makes the swapping easier. Just make a manual entry for any time delay between the old card popping out and inserting the new card.

Your card should work today as the problem with cards not working on their last day should be finished as we are now passed 26th August and it was only cards produced prior to 26th August 2006 that had the problem. It’s unlikely your current card was produced before then.

Cheers Neil. I just reread that and thought things had changed in August after one of your other posts.

Mine expires on a Sunday so I presume the previous Thursday/Friday I take a unit printout and pop the new card in start of shift Monday morning. :unamused:

gezt:
Mine expires on a Sunday so I presume the previous Thursday/Friday I take a unit printout and pop the new card in start of shift Monday morning. :unamused:

No need for a printout, that is just for cards that don’t work on the last day of their validity but we are past the date when that might have been an issue. Just do what you normally do, even easier in your case as it doesn’t sound as if you will be driving at 01:00 Monday morning.

Coffeeholic:

gezt:

No need for a printout, that is just for cards that don’t work on the last day of their validity but we are past the date when that might have been an issue. Just do what you normally do, even easier in your case as it doesn’t sound as if you will be driving at 01:00 Monday morning.

Thanks for that info Coffee :wink:

Dropped a bit lucky and had my break just before midnight so let it run over till half past and swapped card after my 45 - simples :smiley:

map-man:
Dropped a bit lucky and had my break just before midnight so let it run over till half past and swapped card after my 45 - simples :smiley:

I’m surprised your new card worked at that time as it works on UTC time so that would be 01:00 BST. From what you say your new card didn’t get spat out of the machine at midnight local time but it would have done at 01:00.

Remember when using your new card for the first time to remove the transparent plastic strip on the card face. I didn’t, and it stopped the card from ejecting properly, resulting in a trip to the dealer.

Coffeeholic:

map-man:

I’m surprised your new card worked at that time as it works on UTC time so that would be 01:00 BST. From what you say your new card didn’t get spat out of the machine at midnight local time but it would have done at 01:00.

That’s something that hadn’t occured to me, must have got lucky with the time as could well have been just after 1 when I swapped them.