NEW DIGI CARD ????

my digi card expires in may , i have received the new replacement, according to the leaflet and letter that came with the new card it seems as if the old one expires at midnight and i can no longer use it after that time. i work nights and will be in the middle of a shift when this happens. Will i have any problems changing from one card to another or will it all go T*TS UP ■■? … has anybody had this experience ■■?

What you must do!!!

A daily activities printout must be produced from the VU on the last two days before the expiry date of your card.

You need to do this:

when you take over the vehicle
when you leave the vehicle

On these two days do not produce a printout from your driver card, as this may be blank.

The printouts must be clearly endorsed with:

driver name
driver licence and/or driver card number
any manual entries needed to show periods of other work, availability and rest or break
the driver’s signature.

You must:

retain these printouts along with your card, as records of your work for 28 days
keep them in your possession when driving so you can produce them at the roadside
ensure that you or your employer downloads the data from your expired driver card as soon as possible
return the printouts to your employer within 42 days of printing them

You or your employer needs to store the printouts safely for 12 months or up to two years if they are used as records for calculating your working time, under the Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations 2005.

If your card is in a VU when it expires you must remove it and insert your new card. This must be done immediately, or as soon as it is safe for you to do so.

Your new card will start to record data from the start of validity date, which can be found in field 4a on the front of the card.

thanks for that Wheelnut, i will cross my fingers now and hope it all goes ok… ta muchly