Digi Card

Looking for some advice guys.
My car expires midnight tomorrow night during which time I know I’ll be driving.
Will happens at this time? Will I need to stop and change cards or will it still operate until the end of this duty period?
I’m having lots of conflicting answers from the card will eject at midnight, eject car before midnight take a break and use new card from 01:00hrs to allow for utc time?
I’m a bit confused ■■

Keep using it until the end of your shift even though that’ll be pass midnight then the next shift after that start using your new one .

I was on a rest period when my card expired. It ejected itself after midnight.

You can use the new card, just keep the old one with you for 28 days.

Conor:
You can use the new card, just keep the old one with you for 28 days.

Don’t think that’s right. geebee45 is an expert on such matters:- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88672

I quote:- “your new card will not be recognized until after Midnight”. Pretty sure that still applies.

my last card expired in may… it ejected itself at midnight utc time…
so your best bet is to plan a short break so you can swap cards at the right time… and bearing in mind that your new card will not be saving any of your activities from before midnight, you need to show sufficient breaks on both cards…

Trukkertone:
you need to show sufficient breaks on both cards…

Not strictly necessary mate. If you for example had a 45 minute break starting at 2310 and then waited for the card to pop out and put the new on in before setting off you could do another 4.5 driving or nearly 6 hours work without showing a break because it would clearly show on your out of date card which you would of course carry with you for the next 28 days.