Diesel in petrol car

:blush:
and i was supposed to be away for the weekend
40 lts

Is the nozzle on the diesel pump not to big to go into a petrol car’?

Dogmatix:
Is the nozzle on the diesel pump not to big to go into a petrol car’?

I think it should be so as to be idiot proof, but does it not depend on the age of the car?

Of course when something is made idiot proof someone will just make a better idiot. No offence intended Hitch. :wink: :smiley:

If it makes you feel better, while gigging with a band, the lead singer filled from a couple of cans, the radiator with petrol and then the fuel tank with water by mistake, then buggered off in his car. I think we got about 10 miles with that one. Long time ago in a Transit mark one.

Andy (when I had some hair)

Unusual way round to do it, most people do petrol into a diesel these days.
Shouldn’t be too bad to sort out, what car is it?

I did it to a minibus (about 1987 IIRC). Called out a local garage and he just took of the fuel line from the tank before it got to the engine and used an old washer bottle motor to siphon the diesel into some jerry cans he had brought along. Cost me near £100 I think (call out fee), not to mention refueling the bus with the proper fuel. Ouch!! :blush:

Look for some ‘caravan dwellers’ - they’ll have it emptied in seconds flat and you’ll get a fiver for your trouble!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

did it to my scooter 2/3 years ago ,filled it 2/3 full with diesel then realised what id done so then filled it to brim with petrol, it ran but would not tick over and missed a bit , ran tank dry then refilled to brim with petrol and its ran fine ever since.

ady1:
did it to my scooter 2/3 years ago ,filled it 2/3 full with diesel then realised what id done so then filled it to brim with petrol, it ran but would not tick over and missed a bit , ran tank dry then refilled to brim with petrol and its ran fine ever since.

That reminds me of my close call. :stuck_out_tongue: I went to Snetterton to the BSB and called in Tesco for fuel. At the time there was a lot of argument about whether fuel stations would switch pumps on while riders kept helmets on.

I waited and waited. eventually throwing my helmet on the grass and storming into the kiosk. :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you going to turn this flipping (SP) pump on? I shouted.

Not unless Suzuki have started making diesel sportsbikes he said.

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Wheel Nut:

ady1:

That reminds me of my close call. :stuck_out_tongue: I went to Snetterton to the BSB and called in Tesco for fuel. At the time there was a lot of argument about whether fuel stations would switch pumps on while riders kept helmets on.

I waited and waited. eventually throwing my helmet on the grass and storming into the kiosk. :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you going to turn this flipping (SP) pump on? I shouted.

Not unless Suzuki have started making diesel sportsbikes he said.

:blush: :blush: :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: PMSL!

i done this on the other halfs birthday a couple of years back.

put £30 of unleaded in our diesel car.
worse bit as i was filling up i said to her this unleaded is pricey.
went of paid for it then she said to me “did you put petrol in this”
i just went yer why then it clicked. lucky i never started it but it still cost £50 to get towed home. and when i tried to sort it out myself and faild we called someone out. another £50 plus more money to fill it up again.

My dad has done it on his VW Golf TDI, but it was only a little amount, I cant see myself ever doing it, as when I open the nozzle on my Ford Focus it says DIESEL on the inside :smiley: