Question for ya fellas!

Yesterday was removing a tank from a daf as it had a hole and was leaking.
we replaced it with another and had to get all the diesel from the tank with the hole in to the empty one,
so we use the pump that brakes so we use the funnel and a tube and unplug the bottom of the tank and let it drip into other tank, whole plug comes out diesel everywhere going in the empty tank, on the floor, on us lol.
so i get a big bucket and we manage to fill it now thats gettin put in the shunter.

now the question.

without using the pump how do we get the diesal into the shunter from the big bucket full of diesel?

Cheers!

a cup.

Use a wee bucket and bail it out of the big bucket.

a decent sized jug and a funnel and a lot of elbow grease and sweat,

pour it through some cloth or some kind of filter into the funnel as well in case there is any ■■■■ in the bottom of the bucket

gypsie style

ask them for some brake pipe, put bucket on top of tank on shunter, ■■■■ the pipe, once its about to come out shove in the tank, if u keep the pipe low enough it shud constantly do it, thats how we used to take fuel out of r units in the yard for wa ever reason !

mark h:
gypsie style

ask them for some brake pipe, put bucket on top of tank on shunter, ■■■■ the pipe, once its about to come out shove in the tank, if u keep the pipe low enough it shud constantly do it, thats how we used to take fuel out of r units in the yard for wa ever reason !

Was going to to say ,use the ■■■■■ method :laughing: - bottle of water/ cup of tea at the ready wouldnt go a miss though :laughing:

Buy a new pump. :wink:

Well Josh don’t know which way you bat, but if you’re good at sucking then that’s the way to do it lol

Joke btw :wink:

i know it’s diesel but has anyone else got stoned syphoning petrol?

Mr B:
i know it’s diesel but has anyone else got stoned syphoning petrol?

we used to as kids, but we werent syphoning it, we were just inhaling it from a can! gives you a bit of a head ache though! :open_mouth:

Firstly I am no expert at this but when I was on the recovery trucks we had a hose pipe, put the bucket higher than the tank to be filled. Then put the pipe into the bucket, ■■■■ on the pipe until diesel comes through, remember to keep the end of the pipe that was in your mouth lower than the bucket it is coming out of and then place the pipe into the tank to be filled and leave well alone gravity or something called science will do the rest…I think it relates to Newtons law of gravity but am not sure??

Same principal as emptying a resevoir into a lwoer one but they don’t have to be a good sucker, you on the other hand do!! you could also rent a ■■■■■ they are really fast at this BUT the fuel may not end up in your tank rather theres, then the final option rent a prossie and the rest will be history the prossie may well ■■■■ the wrong pipe however…

:laughing: :laughing: GoodLuck :laughing: :laughing:

Mad dan:
Firstly I am no expert at this but when I was on the recovery trucks we had a hose pipe, put the bucket higher than the tank to be filled. Then put the pipe into the bucket, ■■■■ on the pipe until diesel comes through, remember to keep the end of the pipe that was in your mouth lower than the bucket it is coming out of and then place the pipe into the tank to be filled and leave well alone gravity or something called science will do the rest…I think it relates to Newtons law of gravity but am not sure??

Same principal as emptying a resevoir into a lwoer one but they don’t have to be a good sucker, you on the other hand do!! you could also rent a ■■■■■ they are really fast at this BUT the fuel may not end up in your tank rather theres, then the final option rent a prossie and the rest will be history the prossie may well ■■■■ the wrong pipe however…

:laughing: :laughing: GoodLuck :laughing: :laughing:

It’s called a SYPHON. Same thing that gets the water out of the cystern into the toilet bowl, and yes it is gravity - the weight of the liquid in the lower side is more than that in the upper end so it just drags itself down.

Instead of sucking the pipe there is another way -
Need a funnel for this - fill jug with some of the product - bend pipe into a ‘U’ - fill pipe with product so that fills evenly both sides of ‘U’ - block one end of pipe and put open end into product to be syphoned - unblock pipe - gravity does the rest - as said, the tank to be emptied must be higher than the one to be filled.

Put the bucket in a freezer, when the diesel has froze cut it into pieces that will fit into the tank then leave it to defrost, problem solved. :grimacing:

24V DieselMasterSuperhaulerPro bucket pump… Fantastic kit.