Did you always want to drive a truck

Like a few more,I started going out with my dad in the 50s(Bobby Durhams and Milburns,T A Bulmers on Teesside) then at 21 started on Rankins,oh the joy Leyland Badger DVK72B,Super Comet Hbb583C,and 46years later still at it! :grimacing:

hiya,
Would have rather been a Gigolo but a bit too ugly, would have had to pay the ladies.
thanks harry long retired

harry_gill:
hiya,
Would have rather been a Gigolo but a bit too ugly, would have had to pay the ladies.
thanks harry long retired

Twas always the job I hankered after(Gigolo that is)didnt even make it to interview stage!!!

It was soemthing i wanted to do, but wasnt number 1 on the list, always wants to race cars and in the process of getting/building my drift car so who knows

gogzy:
It was soemthing i wanted to do, but wasnt number 1 on the list, always wants to race cars and in the process of getting/building my drift car so who knows

hiya,
Surely only one of the Scania 80 series get one of them and i’ll move next door to you and throw stones at it as well but because i’m retired it’ll have to be on the way to the pub.
thanks harry long retired.

joeshell:
Like a few more,I started going out with my dad in the 50s(Bobby Durhams and Milburns,T A Bulmers on Teesside) then at 21 started on Rankins,oh the joy Leyland Badger DVK72B,Super Comet Hbb583C,and 46years later still at it! :grimacing:

Your looking great for 46years on the road Joe, bet its got something to do with drinking proper whiskey, (Bushmills or Jaimesons). I am trying to convert Harry Gill but he seems to be sticking to the inferior brands. PS that scania is looking good, it’s even got my surname on the headboard already!!! Regards kevmac47.

In answer to your original question I never wanted to do anything else but drive a lorry. (sorry still don’t like the **UCK word) I started in 1968 as a bus driver,(to get a licence that proved I could handle large vehicles) I only lasted six weeks as a bus driver but I did work at weekends for Hall Bros coaches (Bartons). I’ve driven lorries ever since I now have 77 weeks to retirement I think I had better start seriously counting down !! regards, kevmac47.

Yeh. earliest memory was running to belgium with my dad in an old f7. Passed my test as soon as i could, Been driving 6 yrs and still enjoy it. Still a bit wet behind the ears mind!

rubberduck26:
Yeh. earliest memory was running to belgium with my dad in an old f7. Passed my test as soon as i could, Been driving 6 yrs and still enjoy it. Still a bit wet behind the ears mind!

I’m still wet behind the ears rubberduck,you never stop learning in this job. regards kevmac47