Diary from Canada with pics

Ive been out here now since the end of June and i am having a great time of it so far well see how i get on in the winter :laughing: :unamused: :unamused:
so thought i`d share a weeks work with you all if anyones interested

Left the yard on sunday afternoon and ran unit only over to the Winnipeg yard and picked up a trailer loaded with concrete for Estevan in Saskatchewan for monday morning,

a nice easy drive over stopping in Brandon for a bite to eat where this nice Pete came and parked next to me

I then ran the rest of the way and parked up in the town
Made my way around to the job site at 9am and then sat there while they tipped the sections and fitted them at the same time :cry: not the best when your paid on the mile :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: left there at 2.30pm

Once empty i ran back over to Headingley and stopped at the Flying J truckstop as i needed to call in Volvos in Winnipeg first thing i then nipped around to my collection in Winnipeg to pick up what looked like one of the loads from hell :laughing: going to South Indian Lake in Northen Manitobia ![](http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/nianiamh/007-6.jpg) ![](http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/nianiamh/008-5.jpg) ![](http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/nianiamh/009-4.jpg) As i was about to leave another brit driver turned up for the other load so we ran up together, as hed been before i took the easy seat and followed him :laughing:
A quick coffee stop on the way up

and then back on the road heading upto Thompson for the night

all parked up for the night

The next day see`s us leave Thompson with about 180 mile upto the drop which most of that is on the gravel roads i enjoy the off roading on the bikes but it was even more fun in the wagon :laughing:
Glad it was summer time

Waiting for my turn on the ferry for the quick hop across the lake

Once empty it was back down to Thompson

see i am all brave on the way back now i know where i am going i take the lead :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
i had a flat on the first drive axle and there was no way of getting it fixed all the way up there so they told me to run it back down to Thompson and get it changed in the morning,
i was hoping to run south a bit more but never mind :unamused:
Back on the tarmac at last, saying that thou some of the dirt roads are smoother out here :laughing:

Thursday morning and tyre changed its then down to Brandon to collect 4 drops Saskatchewen for friday
All loaded and ready to go thursday night but just stay in Brandon and set off in the morning as the drops are not too far away

Once empty its straight back to Brandon for a trailer swap

Trailers swapped in Brandon the loaded one is for Louisa in Kentucky for delivery on wednesday so i run it back to our yard friday night and ill leave on leave on sunday again. Quick stop for fuel at Deacons corner just outside Winnipeg then straight back to the yard and home Could do with a wash fingers crossed theyll pick mine on sat if the wash guys are in

Total distance for the week was 4292 K`s sunday to friday with 5 nights away
Hope you enjoyed this as i enjoyed doing it ,the work that is i hate typing on the things :laughing:

Not bad typing for someone with a hangover :laughing:

I see you met George, he’s a decent bloke, likes his beer too. Nice country up there, I went to a nickel mine up there just before I left BFS, it was ■■■■■■■ down & the gravel roads had been replaced by mud roads :laughing: harder to drive on than snow.

Nice run to Kentucky now, that’ll be an eye opener for you, going down through Chicago for the first time is amazing, after you’ve done it a few times it loses some of it’s appeal due to the way they drive down there, they’re all bloody maniacs, still it beats the M56 hands down :sunglasses:

PS you belong on the ex-pats forum now!

Spot on bloke George we`ll all have to get out on the lash one night :laughing:

My hate for Chicargo started last year when we came over for a look around theres only so much you can do in the airport for close on 2 days :imp: because some fanny wouldnt land in snow in Winnipeg :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Was my second time around there today but still have a hate for the place dreading when i have to go in rather than around :laughing:

Thanks a excellent read and great photos as well will be waiting for the next write which hopefully will be soon :smiley: , nice truck any chance of some inside pictures to make us all jealous, We have a couple over in Germany running but only as promo trucks for big company,s as they can not run with a normal trailer ,HEREthats one of them,

Very interesting and informative read, Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

Great diary give me a little while to get my experiance up and i there :smiley:

Cracking diary Neal

Glad its all worked out for you after finally moving,its taken a while! :smiley: :smiley:

Nice one and good photos Neal. BF sure do throw you in at the deep end, Lol.

Excellent thread mate, good to see another ex-pat living the dream :slight_smile: Kepp taking the photos and putting your diarys on here it never gets boring :wink:

crackin diary mate keep um comin!

Keep them coming some of you other ex pats should post a few & lets see what it like somewhere else ,Aus truckers welcolme too

Brilliant diary Neal send more in the winter . when you nip out for a wee wee watch out for Bears :wink: :wink: Just wish the wife was up for it then i would be gone like a shot :cry: :cry:

There are a fair few diaries on the Exp-pat section of this website :slight_smile:

great diary and pics mate, keep them coming!!!

cool diary there mate,thats somthing ive wanted to try, driving over there,keep them coming :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

bloody hell, i didnt know you had gone. looks brilliant well done… good for you.

nice read, hope all things carry on for the best. jealouse or what :stuck_out_tongue:

nice read and pics there fella, looking forard to more!

reading again… the trailers look well ropey.