USA & Canada Diary with pics

Here`s another trip from out here in Canada

Finally get sent on Tuesday at 11.30 am to Kenora Ontario for a load going down to just outside of Chicago for Thursday morning

Once I get loaded after 4 hrs of waiting I get down as far as Duluth for the night

It’s a nice easy run down the next day and looks like it’s going to be a nice day

Got passed by a Ford Cargo on the way down, the shame of it

Quick stop at Black River Falls for some fuel

Then carry on down and have myself untarped for when they open first thing Thursday morning

Tipped in no time and it’s into Chicago for my reload going to Winnipeg & Saskatoon once I get through the traffic

I get to my reload for 9.30am and it takes them over 5 hrs to put 4 lifts of tube on my trailer,
Then get it tarped and head for home I get into the yard on Friday afternoon and that’s me done until Monday when the Winnipeg drop is due.

Get into to work on Monday morning but nothing is going anywhere today as there`s a bit of a weather day going on

Still no change after a few hours so I make my way home, nice driving weather

Well I never did get to tip the load I fetched up, as after a pattern over the last couple of months of 2 good weeks work followed by 2 ■■■■ weeks work
I thought it time that I and Big Freight should part company, so I’ve now moved over to Flying Eagle Transport LTD in Niverville fetransport.ca/gallery.html
It’s a small firm with about 20 trucks where staff are nice and friendly unlike some other places

My first trip is over to Edmonton Alberta for Monday morning
Tipping my first van load with my new steed for the job

Once tipped it’s off a 100 mile north to collect a load of petemoss bound for Tyler in Texas just east of Dallas

Once loaded I head back across Canada to the yard and I am home for Tuesday night before I start the run south, never been any further south on I29 than Fargo with Big Freight so this will be a nice change
Call in at the truck wash in Fargo and now it’s looking better

It’s nice to have the limiter set at more like the speed limits out here rather than 60 mph

I make it down as far as York Nebraska on the first night,
when I wake I find its been snowing in the night and have this all the way down into Oklahoma State until it starts to clear

Thursday i get to a small truck stop in Van TX only about 30 mile from the drop,
In there for 8am and on my way by 9.30am

Get my reload which is up in Southard just west of Oklahoma City,
But only loading it then taking an empty to load on Monday morning from Okmulgee OK for back to the yard
As I need a reset on my logbook somewhere before I get home

The weather is nice on Friday after the cold of Canada it makes a nice change
The next few pics are of the run back up, I am sure whoever designed the roads around Dallas must have used a toy Hot Wheels car track

Loaded the trailer and got my empty ready for Monday, which now sees me sat on Americas version of the Hollies car park, but at least the food in the nearby restaurants is a whole lot better

Only 17 mile from my pick up so all being well I should be on my way home by mid morning

I`ve enjoyed my first trip in the new job hope you have to

Cheers
Neal

Great diary Neal, thanks for sharing it with us. Which do you prefer, the Volvo or the Pete? Which is the best to drive in your opinion?

Fantastic Neal, a cracking insight into a week’s work somewhere very different.

kickstart:
Great diary Neal, thanks for sharing it with us. Which do you prefer, the Volvo or the Pete? Which is the best to drive in your opinion?

The Ride in the Pete is great but for reversing its a nightmare so the Volvo wins on that but ill soon get used to it i am sure.
My mate has this Volvo its got the really big cab and id swap the Pete for it, i did ask him but i cant print on here his reply :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for taking the time to post these diaries up neal. I find them very interesting.

Good read and pics , cheers

Any chance of some interior pics of the new ride pls :question:

great pics . more please .

shade:
Good read and pics , cheers

Any chance of some interior pics of the new ride pls :question:

These are the best i can do only got my phone cam and its not the best close up

The pete is suprisingly modern inside :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

nice diary and pics, look forward to the next one mate :sunglasses:

A decent motor & a much better job, things are looking good mate.

I’ve never seen Dallas so quiet, you timed that right, in rush hour that place makes Chicago seem calm :open_mouth:

Making me pig sick seeing those pics, I’m still in the UK 7 boy do I miss belting my Pete around :cry:

Enjoy mate & be safe :wink:

god stuff mate,cheers for the pictures

Thanks very much for the wonderful read and excellent pictures
Neal, hope your new employer stays better than the old one all the best and please do keep on posting your diary’s mate I need my spoonful of
keep me happy medicine

Nice one again, Neal. Glad that you are enjoying your big ol’ Pete.
I know it is very hard to take pictures of the interior which do the sleeper justice. Here are a couple which i took with a proper camera. Allthough it is of mine it is similar to yours.

Good to see you minimised the ■■■■ before taking the pic with your laptop in it, Mark… :laughing:

And it is no wonder you have to keep buying breakfast in the Js is it? The fridge will hold food as well… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Neal, I am glad you have moved on. The firm you are with will look after you and will keep you working, which is all we ask anyway. You never get entirely used to reversing the Petes- they still will catch you out at times- but it gets easier as time goes by. Bet you have driven out and swung it around just to find it wouldn’t make the turn already… :laughing:

Keep your paperwork square and work hard and you will be amazed how much money you earn there. Oh, and you can always call me and let me know what Bryns reply was, but I think I can guess… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

is that a gearstick i spy?..a real one?..played many tunes on it pal? :laughing:

is that a gearstick i spy?..a real one?..played many tunes on it pal?

Only sweet music, Lol.

Better than that poxy Allison auto eh? :laughing:

Steve-o:
Better than that poxy Allison auto eh? :laughing:

Defo more fun at first :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good diary as usual, a cracking read.