Depressing.

Was out on an agency job today.
Out of the dozen agency workers,I was the only Brit.
Don’t know whether the locals didn’t want to work on Boxing Day,or weren’t asked.
A sobering expeience for me,felt like a foreigner in my own country.
Not happy. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorta reminds you that you are only a small spare part in a plan to build an EU Empire…

gsm31:
Don’t know whether the locals didn’t want to work on Boxing Day,or weren’t asked.

are we not all foreigner’s in our own country now :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

gsm31:

:confused: The first thing that springs to mind is that the rate must have been poor, as if the true rate for Boxing day were to be paid only the well in would get a look in.

i would have thought theyd go home for xmas to be with there families for a few weeks

Most of the ones I know stayed and covered for the UK workers over Chirstmas, thats in catering rather than driving, the manager of the place were my missus works wanted to see happy faces and not grumpy faces on Christmas day as the punters were paying £40 each for lunch, needed the best crew for that and boxing day.

The most important thing of a Pole is too give wishes and that can be done on Skype these days. They celebrate on the 24th anyway, so 25th and 26th are normal days.

Andy

DAFMAD:
The first thing that springs to mind is that the rate must have been poor, as if the true rate for Boxing day were to be paid only the well in would get a look in.

What’s the normal rate for Boxing Day,I was getting £13.50 for driving a 7.5t,though I should have been driving Class 2,only worked 3.5hours,but got paid for 6 hours?
Foreigners were doing the portering,not the driving.

gsm31:
I was getting £13.50 for driving a 7.5t,though I should have been driving Class 2,only worked 3.5hours,but got paid for 6 hours?

That explains why you were the only Brit then. You got screwed, poor hourly rate for Boxing Day and the guaranteed minimum should be eight hours, not six.

And you complain about foreigners working on the cheap. :open_mouth: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

gsm31:
I was getting £13.50 for driving a 7.5t,though I should have been driving Class 2,only worked 3.5hours,but got paid for 6 hours?

That explains why you were the only Brit then. You got screwed, poor hourly rate for Boxing Day and the guaranteed minimum should be eight hours, not six.

And you complain about foreigners working on the cheap. :open_mouth: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley:

yep im in agreement with scrooge.

should have been minimum of 8hrs plus at least £18.00 ph… thats why you were the only english person working there.

Ditto the above.

Boxing Day is really like a Sunday,so you should have had at least double bubble,and 8 hours paid minimum.

Ken.