Day work or tramping

i want to move into driving cos i love trucking

Loving the idea of trucking is great. Loving the reality is something else completely. Make sure you have your eyes wide open and LISTEN to what people are telling you about day work hours before it’s too late to change your mind.

Ps. 12 hours is a SHORT day in many, many jobs, tramping or otherwise.

thanks for all the advice guys although i think its fair to say most of you are missing the point, i dont want set start and finish times and doing plenty hours is another reason i wanted to drive trucks, extra hours dont bother me currently i do about 55-60 a week if overtime is on, i always chase it. i dont mind the long hours and even late finishes i can take more than the rough with the smooth i would just rather finish at 10 and be on my way home than parked up for the night if anyone can understand that.

thanks for all your replies and advice much appriciated

bigcheese:
thanks for all the advice guys although i think its fair to say most of you are missing the point, i dont want set start and finish times and doing plenty hours is another reason i wanted to drive trucks, extra hours dont bother me currently i do about 55-60 a week if overtime is on, i always chase it. i dont mind the long hours and even late finishes i can take more than the rough with the smooth i would just rather finish at 10 and be on my way home than parked up for the night if anyone can understand that.

thanks for all your replies and advice much appriciated

sounds ok to me :smiley: