Daf Controls

Hi guys imm driving a daf xf ad theres a button with 2 circles with a curved line avove them any idears what it dos as i cant find the the handbook imm guessing its something to with a lift axle or maybe an air dump which puts more weight on the drive axle

Don’t recognise your description. Any chance of a picture?

Air suspension levelling button which over rides the hand control to level out Maybe dunno with out pic

when would you use that then sorry not passed test ong and never came across ot before

To level the air suspension if you have been loaded or unloaded press it to let it sort the suspension

This one?

transfer weight from midlift to drive axle when loaded,only for 90 seconds,just for weather like this!

longpod:
transfer weight from midlift to drive axle when loaded,only for 90 seconds,just for weather like this!

So you could use it in conjunction with asr and it goes back to normal after 0 seconds is it sometimes refered to as air dump ?

That will be the on can use it for pulling away at junction and roundabouts etc according to the Daf trainer i had

bubsy06:
This one?

Thats the one thanks

That’s my education for today. Never seen that symbol before.

I had to text Garnerlives once to ask how the cruise control worked on a Salvesen CF once :blush:

What is the asr switch for?

bubsy06:
What is the asr switch for?

Traction control :question:

bjd:

bubsy06:
This one?

Thats the one thanks

i asked about it last winter. i was trying to find the mid lift button on a stralis that had a fixed mid lift. most if not all trucks have that button but it appears that it is seldom used so very few drivers recognise it

It is weight transfer, it dumps the air from the centre axle to give better traction, it can be set (by manufacturer) to operate on a timed or speed related setting (usually under 10KPh) after the time or speed has been reached, the suspension will revert back to norm settings

shuttlespanker:
It is weight transfer, it dumps the air from the centre axle to give better traction, it can be set (by manufacturer) to operate on a timed or speed related setting (usually under 10KPh) after the time or speed has been reached, the suspension will revert back to norm settings

So you could use it in conjunction with traction control ? can you lift the axle at the same time if your loaded

bjd:

shuttlespanker:

So you could use it in conjunction with traction control ? can you lift the axle at the same time if your loaded

if you are loaded you will no normally be able to lift your axle. use the switch to transfer weight onto the drive axle to help grip. this will for the majority of drivers be on frosty roads, wet concrete or hill starts on steep slopes. but it really helps on off road driving, ie forestry or quarry work.