DAF XF Air suspension problem

Hi,can anyone give me some advice with my DAF XF.We lowered the suspension but could not get it back into ride height using the hand control.Has anyone had the same trouble ?

Sounds obvious but start on checking the plug/wire connections on the ECAS handset before going any further.

Is it resetting level itself when driving?

Thanks but already checked that out aswell as the fuses,i managed to ge it into ride height by playing with the midlift.

Sounds electrical still though. I might be tempted to bite the bullet and have a dealer plug a laptop in as could save a lot of time in this case. If it’s an ecu problem a hard battery reset might be worth a punt. Also quick check if any wiring looms rubbed through.

When you get it to ride height ,do you have a soft bag on 1 side ??As if you do and the xf has 2 level sensors 1 of them may have failed …Though you don’t say how old the xf is

just to rule it out. try another control from another lorry.

djk:
We lowered the suspension but could not get it back into ride height using the hand control.

Own Account Driver:
Sounds obvious but start on checking the plug/wire connections on the ECAS handset before going any further.

Does it not have the suspension reset switch on the dashboard?
If that works, it’s most likely as Own Account Driver says.
Had a similar problem on our FH and it turned out to be two broken
wires inside the handset cable, now fixed.

Regards,
Nick.

mine went oppisiote way, turned out it was one of the suspenssion arm things at rear of unit

Any word on what the cure was ■■?May be off help to others …Personally i think it is just good manners ,that after asking for help that you let people know the outcome

The problem was simply the hand control at the side of the drivers seat,hope this helps.