D.V.L.A.

Hi Everybody. This concerns all of you. I have just started an e-petition of on e,petition . gov.uk.

It is against the D.V.L.A. taking to long to renew Vocational licences after L.G.V. Medicals. I myself had to wait 6 months, but did get it back. It put me out of work for 6 months as I work abroad. So I went through the channels and won the case, and am now just waiting for DVLA to pay the compensation owed. At the moment they are allowed 56 working days to renew your licence.

If you have paid and passed your medical and eye sight, this should be sufficient. They are having an overall on this procedure and Im trying to get it down to 14 working days, this is more than enough time.

SO SIGN THE PETITION AND STICK TOGETHER. ITS YOUR LIVELIHOODS.
The e-petition should be on line by Friday this week

How much in compensation are you claiming? I don’t think you’ll get 6 months worth. Maybe 4 months.

A few year ago DVLA had my licence 16 mth out of 18 & I couldnt claim anything

Had to fight them twice but won both times last time I renewed mine after medical it took approx. 14 days this was only sept last year

If you are waiting to hear from them after a routine 5 yearly medical, and your doctor has not advised you not to drive, you can still carry on working under ‘section 88 Road Traffic Act 1988’.

DVLA should advise you of this if you ring up.

Ian58:
If you are waiting to hear from them after a routine 5 yearly medical, and your doctor has not advised you not to drive, you can still carry on working under ‘section 88 Road Traffic Act 1988’.

Which would or should be fine if you drive soley within the uk , but if you drive across europe then you could run into problems and end up paying fines for not having your licence with you ,

tommy t:

Ian58:

Which would or should be fine if you drive soley within the uk , but if you drive across europe then you could run into problems and end up paying fines for not having your licence with you ,

Yes, you’re right about Europe, but may be of use to UK only drivers.

Hi Ben , sounds like you had a rough time with the bureaucrats , on what grounds were you refused a renewal ?
Not prying just interested
Jim

limeyphil:
How much in compensation are you claiming? I don’t think you’ll get 6 months worth. Maybe 4 months.

Why 4 months? I’d say you’re guessing, so what’s the point of picking four? Why not five, or less, or more? What’s the point of disagreeing and then guessing?

Born Idle:

limeyphil:

Why 4 months? I’d say you’re guessing, so what’s the point of picking four? Why not five, or less, or more? What’s the point of disagreeing and then guessing?

They have 56 days/8 weeks to deal with it. Not a guess at all.

When did you apply for your renewal ■■

JFC999:
Hi Ben , sounds like you had a rough time with the bureaucrats , on what grounds were you refused a renewal ?
Not prying just interested
Jim

I wasn’t refused a renewal they just kept messing me about. Another eye test, 3 months later an echocardiogram, then it just got dragged out. Application went in August 4th 2012 finally got my licence back 22nd February 2013, and all this time I had to claim benefits. As I work for a German company, but Im based in Torun Poland, but get paid by an English office. I do Heavy Haulage for the Oil Industry, and I am English born and bred. The Compensation finally ran up to just over £3k as I was getting benefits. I think this was age discrimination as I was 65 that year, my licence runs out again 22nd February 2014 so ill probably have to go all through this again, is it worth it I keep asking myself. £125 for the Medical £15 for the Eye Test £350 for the Driver CPC. £350 for my Hiab Licence due for renewal this March. Plus my Health & Safety and First Aid courses to update.

So I thought I would try and get a petition up and get this 56 day waiting time reduced to 14 days. To my mind of thinking, why are we paying for a medical anything up to £145, only to be told by some medical board that has never even seen you, you have to go for more test, is the Doctors word not good enough then !!!

limeyphil:

Hi Phil.

Just over £3k. as I had to claim benefits.

Ian58:

Hi Ian.

I know this, but I work for a German company based in Torun Poland doing Heavy Haulage, I never drive in the U.K. The 88 is only for the UK drivers, even then some companys will not take this.