Dvla licence renewal after 5 year medical

Licence ran out 24/01/2022 had 5 year medical 1 week in January all fine medical forms and licence renewal form s sent of registered post been received and signed for,not heard a dickybird,tried ringing getting nowhere,anyone know the current wait times,or in same boat ?Still working at present?

If you’d gotten confirmation from the doctor (in writing) you were still fit to drive, and kept a copy of your application, those two things together with your recorded delivery would have you covered.

Still OK to drive under Section 88 if you passed the medical. A guy I work with was waiting 3 months. As he’s 70 he’s on annual medicals and when he got his licence it was valid for 12 months from a couple of days from when it arrived when they issued it rather than 12 months from the last medical.

Mine was a 5 year renewal and it was back in 2 weeks, this included a once back and forth as I forgot to include a photo [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I waited over 3 months for a reply, I now need treadmill test. It looks like a couple of weeks for non medical issues but much longer for us that are clinging to life by our finger tips.

thehairyarsedtrucker:
I waited over 3 months for a reply, I now need treadmill test. It looks like a couple of weeks for non medical issues but much longer for us that are clinging to life by our finger tips.

I also waited 3 months, then they said I had to do an eye field test.
Did test at specsavers at DVLA expense , passed it easy , new licence arrived 3 weeks later.
Next renewal12 months from now, not the origial expiry date
Jim

I have been waiting since September for my licence to be renewed.
Tried to contact DVLA by phone and by email not heard a thing, i find it appalling
that they cannot respond they are a total waste of space. Time the Government moved it
from Swansea.

frenchflyer:
I have been waiting since September for my licence to be renewed.
Tried to contact DVLA by phone and by email not heard a thing, i find it appalling
that they cannot respond they are a total waste of space. Time the Government moved it
from Swansea.

It makes no difference where you locate it unless you go back to the LVLO’s where you could speak to someone face to face. DWP and HMRC are no better.

I emailed the chief executive at DVLA, and got my licence after a few days, julie.lennard@dvla.gov.uk.

Sapper