cutting in.

This subject has probably been on here before. My apologies if Ive missed it. Vehicles cutting in when overtaking, they are getting worse, the number of times I have to brake to let cars in that are overtaking, all of a sudden they start to indicate they are coming in and start the manouvre and they aren’t clear of my vehicle, this happens on straight roads with no approaching vehicle, admittedly more often there is another coming which leaves them with no choice. I find that being cut up is getting worse by the day, over to you. :unamused:

Dave the Renegade:
This subject has probably been on here before. My apologies if Ive missed it. Vehicles cutting in when overtaking, they are getting worse, the number of times I have to brake to let cars in that are overtaking, all of a sudden they start to indicate they are coming in and start the manouvre and they aren’t clear of my vehicle, this happens on straight roads with no approaching vehicle, admittedly more often there is another coming which leaves them with no choice. I find that being cut up is getting worse by the day, over to you. :unamused:

Some drivers driving certain types of truck for a certain industry are also guilt of that sometimes. Not all of them I add. :open_mouth: :confused: :imp: :imp:

pecjam23:

Dave the Renegade:

Some drivers driving certain types of truck for a certain industry are also guilt of that sometimes. Not all of them I add. :open_mouth: :confused: :imp: :imp:

Bulk tipper drivers perchance ?

one of our drivers had this happen to him but the van driver decided to brake hard to get his turn off and now i do not think he will ever do it again as it landed him in intensive care ■■?

Suedehead:

pecjam23:

Dave the Renegade:

Bulk tipper drivers perchance ?

we aren,t all bad,which ones are you on about

Happens to me all the time!

Not half as bad as cars joining the motorway trying to push me out of the way!

BTW, I am a bulk tipper driver and have not, nor will, cut anyone up. So there!!! :grimacing:

its def on the increase, :open_mouth: it seems class 2 and 7-5 ton just pull over when they think they are passed you!! or maybe they want you to read the small lettering on the number plate perhaps? :unamused:
but this morning on the m40 it happened twice! and the road was quiet… so whats the sudden need to pull back into lane one? :question:

The majority of the drivers who cut in front of me are car drivers, they seem unable to judge(or unwilling ) the distance to clear the vehicle they have overtaken. Throughout tthe country this is going on all te time. The thing that saves them in most cases, is the fact that most of the drivers who they do it to, are professionals and can anticipate what they are about to do.

does the idiots who can clearly see a sliproad full of stationary traffic,from lane 3,cut up two lanes of traffic,then come to a standstill in the middle lane with their left indicator on.in the hope someone will let them in,cos they dont want to join the end of the queue,but would like instead to end their lives,cos all this took place within 20 foot of your fully loaded(i cant stop in that distance)truck count??.
personally,if an accident were to happen from cutting up,i would be arguing that the offending idiot should be done for driving without due care and attention officer!!.
oh,and by the way(whilst im on my high horse),they will probably be texting whilst doing this.

They don’t care - it’s a ‘me first’ and ‘[ZB] you lot’ attitude.

I’ve noticed this a lot with 7.5ton drivers, I can see why they changed the licencing requirements to make car drivers pass a test before they can drive a 7.5tonner. Most car drivers are dimwits end of, for instance the prick in the silver focus who decided that the lorry 200m down the road that was at the end of the sliproad from the M6 onto the M1 Southbound was going to hold him up from doing 50mph and that he needed to come into the lane in which I was overtaking him at 80mph. Without indicating. What’s worse is that he actually checked his blind spot before doing it, I saw him doing that and started slowing before he swung in front of me. Must remember to switch off the cloaking device.

Mmmm, cutting in when overtaking.
It’s the one thing in the UK foreign trucks are better geared for.
Although I have had the odd swipe off them too.

Andy smg:

try telling that to the polish registered truck who decided he was clear to pull back in when his trailer wheels were next to me. i had to brake and pull in behind the shell tanker i was overtaking who was forced onto the hard shoulder as this dip… person cut from L3 to L1 with both lanes occupied. and this was on the M74 north not far from hamilton services so he shouldnt have been in L3 anyway :unamused:

he was lucky he didnt pull in at the MSA :imp:

scanny77:

Andy smg:

try telling that to the polish registered truck who decided he was clear to pull back in when his trailer wheels were next to me. i had to brake and pull in behind the shell tanker i was overtaking who was forced onto the hard shoulder as this dip… person cut from L3 to L1 with both lanes occupied. and this was on the M74 north not far from hamilton services so he shouldnt have been in L3 anyway :unamused:

he was lucky he didnt pull in at the MSA :imp:

I did mention it scanny !!!

what bugs me is when you see a car pull out from a left junction, to get in front of you then they go about 250 yds, then they stop to give way to oncoming traffic, to turn right, still, part of the job these days, eh?

bbez:
what bugs me is when you see a car pull out from a left junction, to get in front of you then they go about 250 yds, then they stop to give way to oncoming traffic, to turn right, still, part of the job these days, eh?

Sad, but true.

Junction 2 on the M3 seems to be a hotspot for this kind of behaviour.