Cutting in (again)

A few weeks ago after a near miss when a star" driver" cut in on me during overtaking, and put me in the hard shoulder towards a broken down car with occupants, I started a thread about it saying that a driver will be killed if this doesn’t stop.
There was an article in this months T&D where the same thing happened to a guy, where he ended up on the embankment, the truck was a write off, and luckily he walked away ( to see the other “driver” had stopped but ■■■■■■ off when he presumably seen the guy was walking) I wonder if the ■■■■■■■ actually read that article, and what he thought about it, he may well be on here as we often get the comment along the lines of “I don’t need to be flashed in, as a professional I know exactly where the back of my trailer is” :imp: yeh right! :unamused: .
These ■■■■■■■■ are one of my pet hates about the job, and they seem to have been be increase rapidly over the last 10 yrs or so.
So before anybody comes back with " Oh no not this ■■■■ again" just think if it is highlighted every so often, and just one of these aerosols take notice , it could be your life that is saved :bulb: .

When it rained the mirrors on the merc seem to get bloody wet and I am unable to see out of my left one. Being flashed in helps me to know where my back end is when coming back in.

I am like you. I dislike the “Jack the lads” who are on the road. I dislike the ones who are willing to use there vehicle to prove a point. The list goes on :smiley:

see albion, trucknet isn’t as deluded as you think it is :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

I think flashing has 2 purposes… One to let you know when your back is clear but also from the point of view of the guy being overtaken to let them know when your comfortable with the gap before they pull in.

How often do you have a truck at 56 come past whilst your at 55 then they pull in before you give a flash with only a few yards clearance? You then either need to back off to allow a safe gap to return or for the next 5 mins follow very close with no visibility of up ahead because they were too keen to pull her in. A return of a bit more mutual respect between drivers would help everyone here!

he/she or it will say different

Race Trucker:
I think flashing has 2 purposes… One to let you know when your back is clear but also from the point of view of the guy being overtaken to let them know when your comfortable with the gap before they pull in.

+1

robroy:
A few weeks ago after a near miss when a star driver cut in
on me during overtaking, and put me in the hard shoulder
towards a broken down car with occupants.

Try slowing down - it actually works.

Race Trucker:
You then either need to back off to allow a safe gap to return or
for the next 5 mins follow very close with no visibility of up ahead
because they were too keen to pull her in.

There is NO option - Try slowing down - it actually works.

Dieseldoforme:

robroy:
A few weeks ago after a near miss when a star driver cut in
on me during overtaking, and put me in the hard shoulder
towards a broken down car with occupants.

Try slowing down - it actually works.

not always smart arse, i’ve had a mirror took out, then the trailer hit my A pillar

stevieboy308:
not always smart arse, i’ve had a mirror took out, then the trailer hit my A pillar

I know - I was in a rush.

Another reason why I use a dash cam…

Dieseldoforme:

stevieboy308:

I know - I was in a rush.

fair do’s, sorry for holding you up ddfm :laughing: :laughing:

Off topic a tad, but was coming up the A14 today, running empty, came up behind another guy slowing on the hills, chucked my indicator on (as you do) and as per, about 10 cars darted through, damned that they weren’t going to lose ten seconds behind an HGV. As I started to move over, some “gent” in a Passat estate, flew up lane 2, main beaming and full on the horns, had to dart back in, nearly put my motor on its nose etc etc etc.

When I did get into lane 2, I gave him the cursory flash of the lights (as you do) and he stamped on his anchors.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, if anyone reading this got stuck in the tailback at Cathorpe, perhaps if said Passat driver had have not needed those ten seconds so badly, he’d have got his car home in one piece, and not had the tail end knackered (which by judging from the damage, I’d say could have been done by him cutting in on something much bigger than him)

What goes around …

mickyblue:
When it rained the mirrors on the merc seem to get bloody wet…

:laughing:

Dieseldoforme:

Too late when they’ve taken your ■■■■■■■ mirror off!

bestbooties:

Dieseldoforme:

Too late when they’ve taken your [zb] mirror off!

Anticipation is a rare skill that comes with experience.

Some people are taking the P out of rofessionalism.

Help them out - don’t hang them out in Lane 2.

If someone is struggling to pass me I always knock the CC off,but that still doesn’t stop some of them from pulling in a bit sharpish!

Dieseldoforme:

Race Trucker:
You then either need to back off to allow a safe gap to return or
for the next 5 mins follow very close with no visibility of up ahead
because they were too keen to pull her in.

That’s what I do when I have a truck tailgating, (slow down that is) had a couple down to 45mph before they realised what was going on!!

Yes anticipation seems to be a very rare skill these days.As someone said all this cutting in business hardly ever happened 10-20 years ago.I wonder if we can attribute this bad driving to be caused by speed limiters and drivers wanting to return to the inside lane quickly to let other vehicles overtake?

As most of you know anticipation is one of the key qualities that make a good driver.Anyone know the others.

C C R A P is a little clue for the likes of Micky!

My biggest problem is with the P…!

What is ccrap?