Culina in "joint venture" with MorganMcLernon

I’ve been texted a statement from MorganMcLernon CEO Micheal McLernon that they’ve entered into a “joint venture” with Culina.

Wonder will that “help” the wages??
The MorganMc drivers gotta get used to hourly rates now rather than “trip” money!!![emoji52]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Big Truck:
I’ve been texted a statement from MorganMcLernon CEO Micheal McLernon that they’ve entered into a “joint venture” with Culina.

The MorganMc drivers gotta get used to hourly rates now rather than “trip” money!!![emoji52]

Culina will probably only pay the going rate for the area if they do change it that is.

bald bloke:

Big Truck:

Culina will probably only pay the going rate for the area if they do change it that is.

They are all on long week/short week trip money/salary so I’d guess Culina won’t want to work like That!!!

One thing is guaranteed if or when the pay structure changes it’ll be to suit Culina and not the drivers. I suppose trip money is similar to being salaried I’m guessing.

bald bloke:
One thing is guaranteed if or when the pay structure changes it’ll be to suit Culina and not the drivers. I suppose trip money is similar to being salaried I’m guessing.

Wee bit different as if they can’t get you a backload you sit UNPAID until they do on “trip money”.
Hence usually the main reason a driver would move on from Manfreight etc!!!

Morgan McLernon are very very small in relation to Culina. An arm of Culina and MM have been working closely for years so it looks as though its more of a continuation or expansion of that if anything.

Would not be surprised if the MM branding disappears completely/effectively gets taken over by Culina completely in the next few years. Looks like a step towards a takeover similar to that of Great Bear Logistics by which is now under an arm/brand of Culina.

It gives muller an easier way through to the shamrock isle

nick2008:

You never know Nick you might be heading to Holyhead soon !!

bald bloke:

nick2008:

You never know Nick you might be heading to Holyhead soon !!

Pmsl doubt it, as far as I know they’ve had fingers in MM for a long time but this looks more like the great bear story.
We might have to start speaking in an Irish accent to the non English office staff next :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

He’s involved with some companies is Thomas

beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/offi … pointments

“Morgan McLernon and CML have been working superbly well together now for several years and it really was the logical next step for both businesses.” Said Thomas van Mourik, Chief Executive of Culina Group,

On the wages front I hear a rumour the drivers on local work@ Morgan/Culina NI are now on £500home for 5shifts Mon/Fri.
Would maybe guess approx 12hrs/day but that is decent for days here@ home.[emoji41]