Culina puts drivers first.! !!

Culina say they’re putting their drivers first in this month’s Trucking mag, don’t here that too much these days.

Hmm interesting. First part of the article saying we’re putting our drivers’ comfort first. While second part basically saying these trucks have everything possible monitored by us so we can watch the drivers like a hawk & come down on 'em like a ton of bricks if anything doesn’t match our expectations.

Not that I’m saying there’s owt wrong with that, their trucks & their work after all. Just find the positioning of these points in the article a bit contradictory.

130simon:
Hmm interesting. First part of the article saying we’re putting our drivers’ comfort first. While second part basically saying these trucks have everything possible monitored by us so we can watch the drivers like a hawk & come down on 'em like a ton of bricks if anything doesn’t match our expectations.

Not that I’m saying there’s owt wrong with that, their trucks & their work after all. Just find the positioning of these points in the article a bit contradictory.

Improvements to working conditions , wages , expensive motors etc must come at a price !!!.

shugg:
Improvements to working conditions , wages , expensive motors etc must come at a price !!!.

Yep. If you want a decent truck and wages they expect them to be driven and treated decently. Its not hard to drive in a way that keeps them happy although tipper drivers are likely to struggle.

Never knew they ran tippers :slight_smile:

Conor:

shugg:

Yep. If you want a decent truck and wages they expect them to be driven and treated decently. Its not hard to drive in a way that keeps them happy although tipper drivers are likely to struggle.

I worked there for nearly 7 yrs all they want is for you to treat the kit with respect they even supply all the cleaning kit, don’t leave the engine idling while you chat to your mate, don’t rev the hell out of it just drive it as if it was your motor and if anything breaks or falls off report it, and don’t speed. :wink:

When I did chilled they mostly had volvos , I can’t see how replacing them with dafs is looking after there drivers , more like saving money ,have the drivers been consulted on what trucks they’d prefer :question: .
N.b or are these replacing the mercs they had , no experience of them so dafs might be better , but daf better than a volvo , do me a favour .

They should of spent some money on refurbishing the toilets at there Haverhill depot shocking :open_mouth:

dozy:
When I did chilled they mostly had volvos , I can’t see how replacing them with dafs is looking after there drivers , more like saving money ,have the drivers been consulted on what trucks they’d prefer :question: .
N.b or are these replacing the mercs they had , no experience of them so dafs might be better , but daf better than a volvo , do me a favour .

So that means that if you had a good job with the right wages and conditions and the company ran DAFs you would give that all up leave and drive a Volvo with poorer conditions etc !!!.

dozy:

So you have tramped in a volvo, and in a DAF? Do you have the slightest idea how much space you get in a SSC? A Volvo is cramped in comparison. I take the slightly less sophisticated Arse tonic gearbox any day , with the SSC…

But what do I know.

The new volvo isnt a patch on the older ones

sieve:

There is that. I’ve heard that the new Volvo is a poor substitute. .

Pay gone up i was thinking when i sah the Titel :grimacing:

What are culina like to work for?

the nodding donkey:

dozy:

So you have tramped in a volvo, and in a DAF? Do you have the slightest idea how much space you get in a SSC? A Volvo is cramped in comparison. I take the slightly less sophisticated Arse tonic gearbox any day , with the SSC…

But what do I know.

Well you could settle for a Topline Scania, beat the other 2 hands down :smiley: and the latest opticruise (2 pedal) is pretty good :smiley:

Though I will say that now the quarter light bar has gone from the side windows, I might tolerate a DAF.

shugg:

dozy:

So that means that if you had a good job with the right wages and conditions and the company ran DAFs you would give that all up leave and drive a Volvo with poorer conditions etc !!!.

The Dozy 1 doesn’t seem to have replied :unamused:

But if the Pay is right, I’d drive a Premium, oh I did :wink:

sieve:

I disagree,
Had a new June15 FH4 and now in an 11FH3, both 460s.

Would take the FH4 as just find it a nicer driving truck and miss the builtin bluetooth and steering wheel buttons! !!!
Top bunk in FH3 and FH4 had rear lockers so miss the storage space too.[emoji26]

the nodding donkey:

dozy:

But what do I know.

Yes I have tramped in both , but since when have culina drivers other than the odd time done nights out :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: so yes what do you know :unamused:

shugg:

dozy:

We’re talking about culina giving there drivers dafs and saying there looking after them , what changing jobs got to do with that :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

eddie snax:

the nodding donkey:

dozy:

But what do I know.

Well you could settle for a Topline Scania, beat the other 2 hands down :smiley: and the latest opticruise (2 pedal) is pretty good :smiley:

Though I will say that now the quarter light bar has gone from the side windows, I might tolerate a DAF.

shugg:

dozy:

The Dozy 1 doesn’t seem to have replied :unamused:

But if the Pay is right, I’d drive a Premium, oh I did :wink:

What’s pay got to do with it , culina are saying there looking after there drivers by getting dafs , I’d say they were doing it because finicialy benifits the company ,cheaper , better deal etc .
It does make you laugh though , because culina supposedly look after there drivers ( some of those ones I spoke too didn’t think so ) the fact they’ve bought dafs must mean it was too look after there drivers , nieve to say the least .
did culina consult there drivers on what trucks the drivers wanted :question: :question: :question: ,I rest my case

bald bloke:

Conor:

shugg:

I worked there for nearly 7 yrs all they want is for you to treat the kit with respect they even supply all the cleaning kit, don’t leave the engine idling while you chat to your mate, don’t rev the hell out of it just drive it as if it was your motor and if anything breaks or falls off report it, and don’t speed. :wink:

Were you ever consulted Bb on what thruck you wanted :question: