Cross Dressing Truck Drivers

puntabrava:
Im With Putin.

As I’ve no doubt Putin will be somewhat relieved to hear. Not sure of the relevance to this particular thread though?

switchlogic:

puntabrava:
Im With Putin.

As I’ve no doubt Putin will be somewhat relieved to hear. Not sure of the relevance to this particular thread though?

If I may :slight_smile:

putinpjs.jpg
The artist behind a painting of Russian President Vladimir Putin wearing women’s clothes which was seized by police earlier this week, has fled Russia seeking political asylum.

On a side note, “I Would” :blush:

Dipper_Dave:
Thanks Rikki, If I may respectfully add that some of the best and most productive threads will have an element of humour to keep the readers and participants interested and the documentary may also have some tongue in cheek moments that are over-ridden by a more serious message that we are all different and sometimes only be making society aware of the difficulties some people face they can become better accepted and not afraid to be more open about their condition which for some can be difficult to cope with.

Mentor Media is behind such current affairs programmes as ‘Question Time’ and docu dramas like ‘Motorway Cops’ and ‘The Fried Chicken Shop’ which is a great study of everyday life and public interactions.

Anyway I believe this is more about those with a desire to go the whole hog and dress and apply make up etc to feel comfortable in their own excistence than those who just wear their wifes undercrackers to work, ehh which I have done once (got dressed n the dark honest)…

Has anybody seen that programme? It’s one of those fly on the wall documentaries and in this case about the different walks of life who patronise it. Anyway, one customer is this man who must be in his sixties who dresses as a woman. and when I say dresses as a woman, he has a very short skirt, shorter top which leaves his abdomen exposed and wears the most vivid shade of lipstick available. I know it’s each to one’s own but honestly…the one thing I would say is that, no pun intended, he has got balls walking around like that!!

I think I`m gonna need a gallon or two of:

Isn’t there a Weird Al Yankovic song about this?..

Well I’ve sometimes been a bit angry when I’ve been getting dressed, but I can’t really see why anybody would want to make a documentary about it. :confused:

I smell a rat here with Dippy Dave and Rikki :wink:

muckles:
Well I’ve sometimes been a bit angry when I’ve been getting dressed, but I can’t really see why anybody would want to make a documentary about it. :confused:

had exactly the same thought! :blush:

Dipper_Dave:

Tgtrucker:
Hello Katie.

May I ask why the interest in truck drivers that cross dress?
ie why specifically truck drivers and not accountants, or plumbers etc?
Is it just cross dressing that you are interested in or does your interest encompass the whole of the transgendered sphere?
The reason I ask is that historically a cross dressing truck driver would be held up as an object for ridicule, and I have no interest in encouraging that view point.

I can’t speak for Katie but I would think its to show how a total opposite way of life excists in an extremely masculine stereotypical job that opens up more of a sociably acceptable level of existence for those who cross dress in other less masculine employment: accountants, bankers, politicians, VOSA inspectors etc.

Taking the juxtaposition of one extreme to the other the show will act as more of a catch all to help those who maybe in a more feminine employment to accept who they are.

Course its better for selling adds during commercial breaks if the programme is likely to be popular and fly in the face of social stereotypes but that said there is a serious message behind it.

Controversy is a great talking point, not to mention a good cash cow if played right…

Just guessing though…

I will add one word of caution, as I heard of a friend of a friend who felt they had been born into the wrong body and was very suicidal through it until they felt accepted for who they are rather than living a lie pretending to be what society expected.

Are people in what is seem as masculine professions more likely to Cross Dress or is it that the media finds that its a better story when there is the contrast, especially if the bloke is a 6’3" and built like a brick outhouse.

bertiebus:

muckles:

Obviously we’ve both lived a sheltered life. :smiley:

muckles:

bertiebus:

muckles:

Obviously we’ve both lived a sheltered life. :smiley:

have angry dressed lots of times. mainly when i get up late :unamused:

My next-door neighbour once confronted me about some items of clothing that had gone missing from her washing line.

I nearly crapped her pants!

Dipper_Dave:
I can’t speak for Katie but I would think its to show how a total opposite way of life excists in an extremely masculine stereotypical job that opens up more of a sociably acceptable level of existence for those who cross dress in other less masculine employment: accountants, bankers, politicians, VOSA inspectors etc.

Taking the juxtaposition of one extreme to the other the show will act as more of a catch all to help those who maybe in a more feminine employment to accept who they are.

Course its better for selling adds during commercial breaks if the programme is likely to be popular and fly in the face of social stereotypes but that said there is a serious message behind it.

Controversy is a great talking point, not to mention a good cash cow if played right…

Just guessing though…

I will add one word of caution, as I heard of a friend of a friend who felt they had been born into the wrong body and was very suicidal through it until they felt accepted for who they are rather than living a lie pretending to be what society expected.

Thank you Dave and I hope you’re right.

Far to often programmes such as these have set out to shock and amuse the audience with no thought given to the feelings of those featured.

I hope it is a genuine attempt to show the plight of transgendered person(s) living (or indeed hiding) in an extremely masculine environment and the problems that can cause.
Whilst we in the UK thankfully don’t have the problems associated with living under a Putin style regime there still does exist a very large amount of ignorance and bigotry within the general public and our own “masculine” industry.

It is also very important to realise there is a large difference between cross dressing and being transgender.
A cross dresser usually dresses for the feelings of comfort it can afford, whilst they may chose to attempt to appear convincing they are unlikely to have feelings of being born into the wrong body.
Someone who is transgendered is likely to have strong feelings of being born in the wrong body, this can manifest itself from feelings of self disgust through to suicidal thoughts and feelings. Hopefully they would seek medical help and many undergo years of counselling and attempt to live their life in their chosen gender role, some take it through to the ultimate conclusion of full gender reassignment surgery.

Neither of those groups of people, or any of the different variations in between is deserving of ridicule or scorn, and I’m very glad to see that appears to be the general feeling here (with only a few exceptions!).

Dipper_Dave:

I used to work with a chap with a similar predicament. The whole Co’ was briefed on his situation with 99.9% accepting that situation & wholeheartedly wishing him well.

The total transformation into his female persona took 3yrs with lots of ups & downs on the way.

She took her own life 2yrs later, 3yrs after I’d left the Co’. I’m told she couldn’t handle going through the whole process to become a man once again.

I hate to tarnish all with the same brush, but most of these people are mentally fubar, they’re beyond help because the rest of us haven’t yet grasped how deep the illness can be yet the person on the outside seems to function almost normally.

Tgtrucker wrote:Hello Katie.

May I ask why the interest in truck drivers that cross dress?
ie why specifically truck drivers and not accountants, or plumbers etc?
Is it just cross dressing that you are interested in or does your interest encompass the whole of the transgendered sphere?
The reason I ask is that historically a cross dressing truck driver would be held up as an object for ridicule, and I have no interest in encouraging that view point.

+1.

IMO, i’ve been asked on numerous occasions when i last killed a prostitute…So i guess if this docu goes ahead, the next questions will be " what colour thong you got on today darling?"…

Just my opinion

I would say my mood bears no relation to the way I dress, thankyou

Badum-tish

But seriously, this kind of TV show is the 21st Century equivalent of the circus freaks of old. Instead nowadays, people can point, stare and laugh in the comfort of their own homes. TV wise, it’s the lowest common denominator. I always remember that documentary about tourettes sufferers which, despite it’s caring documentary exterior I always had the sense they were attempting to entertain with it as well.

Gutter trash TV. At least Jeremy Kyle is more upfront about being a freak show.

claretmatt:
But seriously, this kind of TV show is the 21st Century equivalent of the circus freaks of old. Instead nowadays, people can point, stare and laugh in the comfort of their own homes. TV wise, it’s the lowest common denominator. I always remember that documentary about tourettes sufferers which, despite it’s caring documentary exterior I always had the sense they were attempting to entertain with it as well.

Gutter trash TV. At least Jeremy Kyle is more upfront about being a freak show.

Lets face it, most TV is aimed at ‘The Sun’ readers who’ve finished their daily fix of a static photo of Cheryl’s rump & now want to see it moving so they can hump the missus with the memory still clear in their pathetic little minds.

I once wore a manki…and a sheep thong…why did this thread make me admit that :open_mouth: :blush:

Your not seeing the front :blush:

Another trucker stereotype is that we all all beer belly thugs grunting along in our wagons when in reality we all listen to the radio and are quite up to date with current affairs and long periods of solitude lead to long periods of thought.

For some this will be just a gentle meander along the path of life thinking about issues of a personal nature that need to be overcome for others this leads us into a more deep thought process where we try and solve life’s issues and make logical assumptions based on the information presented to us by the media and our own knowledge.

Also on a daily basis we will be involved in abstract problem solving issues be it how much road space do i need to take to negotiate that roundabout safely, the correct load weight distribution on a trailer or deciphering a dodgy address.

As abstract problem solving is considered a good measure of intelligence I’m pretty sure truckers have a well trained frontal lobe (for non truckers this is the part of the brain scientists refer to as containing this ability as well as creative thought etc).

So in relation to this topic ‘cross dressing’ at face value opens up a plethora of humorous comments but in reality it is a serious matter for those who have to indulge in it in order to satisfy their own conscience and true reflection of their own self image.

There is an argument for nature vs nurture in all this but anyone who feels the compulsion to dress as another gender should be treated with tolerance and acceptance rather than an object of ridicule and I hope the docu-show will focus on this aspect.

Course there are those that dress up in ‘drag’ for employment, comedic value and fun which is treated as such, but for those living in fear of society’s rejection this is a very sensitive subject.

Just my tupence worth… :slight_smile: