CPC Anyone

OK
Has anyone got a CPC National or international and looking to start up Transport Company.
I will chuck in with anyone looking to start up in the HULL area or there abouts. :slight_smile:

What are you chucking in? Maybe a bit more information required.

Smart Mart:
What are you chucking in? Maybe a bit more information required.

Half of all start up costs :slight_smile: need a someone / driver with CPC to get ball rolling :slight_smile:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37508

i have a cpc,i dont want ot get involved in my own trucks again.im thinking of selling it on ebay :laughing: :laughing:
discount to forum members

Check your inbox

gumbo666:
OK
Has anyone got a CPC National or international and looking to start up Transport Company.
I will chuck in with anyone looking to start up in the HULL area or there abouts. :slight_smile:

in the current financial climate ā€¦Are you crazy, or is this a joke?

Peirre
Natl & Intnl CPC holder

peirre:

gumbo666:
OK

in the current financial climate ā€¦Are you crazy, or is this a joke?

No not a joke best time to buy rent lease ect, and people will always have to eat.

Peirre
Natl & Intnl CPC holder

try putting the reply outside the quote :unamused:

gumbo666:
No not a joke best time to buy rent lease ect, and people will always have to eat.

Call me synical, but with people running around for pennies, I doubt youd make enough profit to eat yourself after youd paid the bills. Never mind if there was 2 of you bank rolling the opperation and splitting the profit.
If you hadnt noticed, haulage companies are laying off drivers, standing trucks up, & some are going under as theyre unable to make there trucks run financially profitable

I take it you don`t actually have your own CPC for this proposed start up and need someone with 1 to come in with you hence the OP

peirre:
try putting the reply outside the quote :unamused:

gumbo666:

Call me synical, but with people running around for pennies, I doubt youd make enough profit to eat yourself after youd paid the bills. Never mind if there was 2 of you bank rolling the opperation and splitting the profit.
If you hadnt noticed, haulage companies are laying off drivers, standing trucks up, & some are going under as theyre unable to make there trucks run financially profitable

I take it you don`t actually have your own CPC for this proposed start up and need someone with 1 to come in with you hence the OP

This is true , but i have a plan :smiley: its people that donā€™t make things work , they tend to fall foul of there own GREEDY ambitions , instead of cutting the cloth so to speak :smiley: , Hope i have enlightened you :smiley:

gumbo666:
This is true , but i have a plan :smiley: its people that donā€™t make things work , they tend to fall foul of there own GREEDY ambitions , instead of cutting the cloth so to speak :smiley: , Hope i have enlightened you :smiley:

you havent really enlightened me As for your plan, you dont seem to have clearly explained it, so Im still wondering if the plan has more holes in it than a colinder. as youll still be subject to the same costs, & driving hours as everyone else. Never mind the fact that you may not have your own CPC. IF you have`t, why not put yourself through the exams and see if you can be self reliant

As a CPC holder, do you think if I thought it was viable to buy/rent/lease my own truck, I`d have done it by now?

gumbo666:
OK
Has anyone got a CPC National or international

Hi gumbo666, Yes mate, I have both. :smiley:
So far so good.

gumbo666:
and looking to start up Transport Company.

Without wishing to dampen your bonfire, have you read the trucking press lately?
Iā€™d suggest that this might not be the best time to start a new firm from scratch, because of the rate at which experienced firms are going to the wall.
Your idea might be a perfectly good one, but how will you get your customer(s) to pay their bills (to you) on time?
After all, there can be a certain point at which the credit you extend to your customers actually becomes your overdraft, so you might end up paying interest on money that they owe you. :open_mouth:

gumbo666:

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by ā€œchuck in,ā€ but if it means that you have half the money needed to start your own firm, why not use just a fraction of it to get your own CPC?

TBH mate, I get very cautious when anybody says ā€˜just come on board, we need your CPC,ā€™ because it would appear to me that that person isnā€™t quite willing to take the real risk for themselves. Iā€™m not sure whether you know this, but thereā€™s at least two kinds of risk going on here. The first is the financial risk, which is fairly straightforward to understand. The second is a risk to the CPC holderā€™s ā€˜reputeā€™ and this is worth far more than money.

Keeping the main question nice and ā€˜open,ā€™ do you have any idea/experience of the whole picture of whatā€™s at stake and whatā€™s required when starting a new transport business?

peirre:

gumbo666:

you havent really enlightened me As for your plan, you dont seem to have clearly explained it, so Im still wondering if the plan has more holes in it than a colinder. as youll still be subject to the same costs, & driving hours as everyone else. Never mind the fact that you may not have your own CPC. IF you have`t, why not put yourself through the exams and see if you can be self reliant

As a CPC holder, do you think if I thought it was viable to buy/rent/lease my own truck, I`d have done it by now?

Yes This Also true as far as costs ect go , BUT i have a plan and it ainā€™t got any holes in it.
You may have a CPC but are maybe afraid to use it . my plan and i will go forth and multiply money wise so no smart arse remarks PLEASE :smiley: .

dieseldave:

gumbo666:
OK
Has anyone got a CPC National or international

Hi gumbo666, Yes mate, I have both. :smiley:
So far so good.

gumbo666:
and looking to start up Transport Company.

Without wishing to dampen your bonfire, have you read the trucking press lately?
Iā€™d suggest that this might not be the best time to start a new firm from scratch, because of the rate at which experienced firms are going to the wall.
Your idea might be a perfectly good one, but how will you get your customer(s) to pay their bills (to you) on time?
After all, there can be a certain point at which the credit you extend to your customers actually becomes your overdraft, so you might end up paying interest on money that they owe you. :open_mouth:

gumbo666:

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by ā€œchuck in,ā€ but if it means that you have half the money needed to start your own firm, why not use just a fraction of it to get your own CPC?

TBH mate, I get very cautious when anybody says ā€˜just come on board, we need your CPC,ā€™ because it would appear to me that that person isnā€™t quite willing to take the real risk for themselves. Iā€™m not sure whether you know this, but thereā€™s at least two kinds of risk going on here. The first is the financial risk, which is fairly straightforward to understand. The second is a risk to the CPC holderā€™s ā€˜reputeā€™ and this is worth far more than money.

Keeping the main question nice and ā€˜open,ā€™ do you have any idea/experience of the whole picture of whatā€™s at stake and whatā€™s required when starting a new transport business?

Very nicely written ( I donā€™t do credit)

gumbo666:

Also very nicely written mate, but unfortunately itā€™s not very enlightening. :frowning:

Iā€™d suggest that you might get a better response to your OP if people understand what you expect them to ā€œchuck in,ā€ apart from their CPCs that is.

Iā€™ve raised a couple of questions that any sensible person about to risk their CPCs would ask, so if youā€™re not prepared to answer those, you might just have to go back to the drawing board. :wink:

dieseldave:

gumbo666:

Also very nicely written mate, but unfortunately itā€™s not very enlightening. :frowning:

Iā€™d suggest that you might get a better response to your OP if people understand what you expect them to ā€œchuck in,ā€ apart from their CPCs that is.

Iā€™ve raised a couple of questions that any sensible person about to risk their CPCs would ask, so if youā€™re not prepared to answer those, you might just have to go back to the drawing board. :wink:

As my daughter would say

WOTEVER :laughing: :laughing: its not that hard :exclamation: :exclamation:

Maybe gumbo666 only wants to discuss his ideas in private, to maintain confidentiality.

Iā€™ve lost interest in the thread now, so will stop watching it!

gumbo666:
As my daughter would say

Quite right mate!!

BTW, Iā€™d like to wish you good luck with your venture. :smiley:

dieseldave:

gumbo666:
As my daughter would say

Quite right mate!!

BTW, Iā€™d like to wish you good luck with your venture. :smiley:

Smart Mart:
Maybe gumbo666 only wants to discuss his ideas in private, to maintain confidentiality.

Iā€™ve lost interest in the thread now, so will stop watching it!

DITTO :smiley: