Driver CPC

Hi all,

I have spent most of my working like within the haulage and supply trades, looking for some feed back for my dissertaion/degree. Looking at effects of the introduction of the driver CPC on the Haulage Industry, i know its a hot topic so be gentle!

Only 10 questions on survey monkey, help would be appreciated. Will also post link when finished to dissertaion if any interest, many thanks.

surveymonkey.com/s/SLBKK9J

Thorall

I’ve moved this to a place where it will be seen more , even though our rules do say

Any media organisation, company, educational establishment or individual seeking information to help with a project from the members of this site should seek permission BEFORE posting the request.

I’ve done your survey. you owe me a bacon butty.

I put a good word in for Driver Hire Sheffield.

They do a good DriverCPC course.

They owe me two bacon butties.

done the last of my 35 hours
for now at least

Dieseldoforme:
I put a good word in for Driver Hire Sheffield.

They do a good DriverCPC course.

They owe me two bacon butties.

Did Nick do yours?

I know he travels round the Driver Hire venues.

dar1976:
Did Nick do yours?

I know he travels round the Driver Hire venues.

No, I believe that the Instructor was called Andy.

I just went with a mate who was sponsored by his Timber company to
do the DriverCPC course with Driver Hire Sheffield.

I’ve never worked for Driver Hire so I paid £65 all inclusive.

Did mine with Eaukds down in Trowbridge, I thought it would be a crock of rubbish as did all others attending… Didnt we get a very pleasant suprise, every single module they taught was an eye opener, hats off to them, personally not heard a bad word about them locally, they get some nice work too and at £45 quid for 7 hours I couldnt find any cheaper… they gave us dinner too !!! very nice weekend saturday and sunday well spent… personally I really think more operators need to go along with their lads some of the stories we heard in the room off guys attending were bad, not to mention totally illegal !

Sounds very interesting. what’s the dissertation title? what’s the degree?
I’ve done the survey

done the survey, will we see the results of it?

i like bacon buttie’s too :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :smiley:

thorall:
Hi all,

I have spent most of my working like within the haulage and supply trades, looking for some feed back for my dissertaion/degree. Looking at effects of the introduction of the driver CPC on the Haulage Industry, i know its a hot topic so be gentle!

Only 10 questions on survey monkey, help would be appreciated. Will also post link when finished to dissertaion if any interest, many thanks.

surveymonkey.com/s/SLBKK9J

Thorall

done you’re survey :open_mouth: BUT it’s a hot topic :unamused: and it’s not worth the paper it’s written on! :bulb: thank you :grimacing:

Gooz:
Did mine with Eaukds down in Trowbridge, I thought it would be a crock of rubbish as did all others attending… Didnt we get a very pleasant suprise, every single module they taught was an eye opener, hats off to them, personally not heard a bad word about them locally, they get some nice work too and at £45 quid for 7 hours I couldnt find any cheaper… they gave us dinner too !!! very nice weekend saturday and sunday well spent… personally I really think more operators need to go along with their lads some of the stories we heard in the room off guys attending were bad, not to mention totally illegal !

you actually enjoyed wasting a precious weekend doing a dcpc course,somebody needs to get a life :unamused:

Davyboy:

Gooz:

you actually enjoyed wasting a precious weekend doing a dcpc course,somebody needs to get a life :unamused:

got to be worth it Davyboy. % days in a classrom asleep, gives him 50 years experience.

He’s come out of there, chest puffed out, ready to rope and sheet, completely strip down a tilt, he can now single handedly load a Claas combine harvester in 2 hours less then the blokes that have done it donkeys years on a trailer to keep it below 4.2metres and bring it to the UK with no practical experience.

Oh and do not forget the odd bad time during the BSE stuff, or Swine flu. How many carcases you can fit in a trailer and how long they can stay in transit. Ohhhh the working hours on these jobs when farming goes ■■■■ up…

Rikki. You need a CPC Holder forum.

So all us complete numpties that dont have a scooby doo about the job can ask our latest DCPC holders how we do it. You know, folks like R-slicker that has run his own company, Mr vain thats an owner driver, JOBE transport that needs advice ect ect, you yourself Rikki may need help on how a road planner works. Hell come 2014, I will not have any idea how to tip grain, how to work a curtain sider or a low loader, Jesus, wide or long loads will be right over my head without these guys advice. All that advice could be given, free to members by our great new DCPC holders.

Champion the cause folks. You know you need it.