Cornwall - Monday

I was in Cornwall on monday delivering 2 scorpion tanks (You were spot on Cornish Trucker :wink: ) and managed to get tipped on arrival (wasn’t booked til 8 am Tuesday).

On the way back I heard what was to be the start of the problems in Wadebrige,Camelford & Boscastle, I was on the A39 and the radio was saying that it was shut but luckily for me I turned onto the A30 before I reached the affected places.

I managed to get to Okehampton and parked in a drive through layby (saw that caravan in the layby earlier and I had to smile to myself if only for the grief it caused on here :wink: :laughing: )

While I was parked it started to rain heavily and I’ve got to say it was the heaviest rain I have ever seen I could hardly see the vehicles passing me on the A30.

I think the emergency services did an amazing job that day especially the helicopter pilots who could have said that it was too dangerous to fly. I would also like to commend the lone evil knevil I saw riding down the A30 towards the problem area I’ve riden in the wet but this was just extracting the urine.

We may all moan about the police and the way they treat us (not without cause sometimes) but at times like this they and the other blue services really come into their own.

well said that man

north surrey haulage:
I
I think the emergency services did an amazing job that day especially the helicopter pilots who could have said that it was too dangerous to fly. I would also like to commend the lone evil knevil I saw riding down the A30 towards the problem area I’ve riden in the wet but this was just extracting the urine.

We may all moan about the police and the way they treat us (not without cause sometimes) but at times like this they and the other blue services really come into their own.

They were brilliant down there ( fortunately I live about 50 miles up from Boscastle)

unfortunately the Government recently announced the two helicopter bases ( St Mawgan and Chivenor) may be closed in the next round of cuts!
The fast response was the thing that saved those people - who knows what would have happened if the helicopters were much further away.

details from the Western Morning News

Denis F:
details from the Western Morning News

Bloody typical of the way governments run this country the all use the

short term gain for long term pain

formula for running the country! :smiling_imp:

well said mate totally agree :wink: :wink: