Bank Hol Monday

:smiley: Anybody working it?
I’ve volunteered :open_mouth: (seeing as I’m still going through the ‘‘New, young and mad keen for it’’ stage of my carreer. :smiley: )
Got a 10 dropper around Somerset, Devon and Dorset, won’t get any off Monday, so it will take me up to Wed noon ish.
Just had 8 days off, so decided just to go for it…(plus the Mrs is at work on my usual 2 days off, so thought what the hell.)
Anybody else grabbing?
I say ‘grabbing’ the Bank hol rate at my place is shocking :unamused: (it should be coming under the ‘wouldn’t get out of bed’ list tbh) but wtf can you do?. :unamused:
I can only hope for miles of Bank hol traffic to blag a few extra hours. :laughing:

So back to the old days this week :sunglasses: …5 nights out, bliss. :smiley:

Reason for posting this ?..
Told dozy next time I did a full week, I’d check with him to see if it’s ok, :laughing:

Volunteered here as well :unamused: :unamused: Rate not too bad though

Got Tipton to Runcorn, Manchester to Runcorn, then Manchester to Rugby, hopefully get that all done depending on Manchester having enough material and not being a long wait to load as it has been this week.

Nope as truck is in forMOT so off till next Thursday

Sent while from gods know where

I’m agency so if I don’t work, I don’t get paid. The rate is quite good so I not too bothered.

Yeah I am. Tip Reading and reload Southampton (cos that’s just around the corner innit? ).

I’ll spend bank holiday having a few scoops. Paid day off [emoji1303]

robroy:
?the Bank hol rate at my place is shocking :unamused: (it should be coming under the ‘wouldn’t get out of bed’ list tbh) :

Normally I d work every premium shift possible but Since the implementation of the new agency rates ALL previous O/T rates (sat,sun & B/Hols) are null and we are paid all hours at the standard mon - fri flat day rates, the only exception is the extra I get for the hour or so before 6am, so I decided weeks ago that I wasn’t going to work the b/hol, instead I booked a holiday day. I know I wouldn’t have got the premium if I worked on Monday, but if I didn’t I wouldn’t have earn anything, so this way I’m not getting out of bed but still getting paid something to what I would’ve done which somehow satisfies my principles, and since my holiday rate is high atm I may as well do it. The 25-30% increase in pay since April means that I don’t have to chase around for my money like I used to do.

peirre:

robroy:
?the Bank hol rate at my place is shocking :unamused: (it should be coming under the ‘wouldn’t get out of bed’ list tbh) :

Normally I d work every premium shift possible but Since the implementation of the new agency rates ALL previous O/T rates (sat,sun & B/Hols) are null and we are paid all hours at the standard mon - fri flat day rates, the only exception is the extra I get for the hour or so before 6am, so I decided weeks ago that I wasn’t going to work the b/hol, instead I booked a holiday day. I know I wouldn’t have got the premium if I worked on Monday, but if I didn’t I wouldn’t have earn anything, so this way I’m not getting out of bed but still getting paid something to what I would’ve done which somehow satisfies my principles, and since my holiday rate is high atm I may as well do it. The 25-30% increase in pay since April means that I don’t have to chase around for my money like I used to do.

I know what you’re saying mate,.and I cannot knock your principles.
Thing is as I said, ‘what can you do’.
It’s futile making a one man stand/crusade, saying ‘I ain’t doing that’, because the only result would be me being a hundred + quid lighter,
Ok I could live with that, but wtf would it achieve?
Nobody is willing to stand together against crap t.s and c.s in non Union firms, so if I don’t do it you can sure as hell bet one of our crew would,… in fact a lot of them would work for a ■■■■ sight less if asked to. :unamused:

I had hoped to be busy this weekend working on fitting a new rear shock absorber to the bike, and then out riding it, but the weather seems to have dampened my enthusiasm, so the fitting of the shock absorber will have to wait till Monday. Another victim of the weather is spending a little time out in the woods testing out my new hammock camping setup, but after a long day/late finish yesterday meant I was unable to make it the pub last night, so I`ve planned to meet up Sunday lunch down the pub for a long liquid lunch to compensate. till then (due to lack of domestic staff) its back to being a domestic god, and laying on the sofa watching sport.

peirre:
I`ve planned to meet up Sunday lunch down the pub for a long liquid lunch to compensate. till then (due to lack of domestic staff) its back to being a domestic god, and laying on the sofa watching sport.

Oh ffs man ! :unamused:
Don’t you start trying to talk me out of working it after all. :laughing: :laughing:

Start as normal Sunday, double, so Monday is double too, if I don’t take the Monday as a lieu day that’s triple for Monday. So take the double time, and gain extra day holiday… The joys of working for a proper Company…

biggriffin:
Start as normal Sunday, double, so Monday is double too, if I don’t take the Monday as a lieu day that’s triple for Monday. So take the double time, and gain extra day holiday… The joys of working for a proper Company…

Can’t fault ya mate.
I remember when I worked for a proper co also. :smiley:

I’m in.
Don’t get bank holiday’s off unless you book em.
1330 start
Normal rate.

elsa Lad:
I’m agency so if I don’t work, I don’t get paid.

I’m agency, I’m getting a paid day’s leave.

robroy:
Don’t you start trying to talk me out of working it after all. :laughing: :laughing:

Moi! … I wouldn’t do such a thing,
I recon your more thank capable of talking yourself out of it :laughing:

Got some extra hours in after all.
Ended up getting a blown tyre and a call out. :smiley:

robroy:
Got some extra hours in after all.
Ended up getting a blown tyre and a call out. :smiley:

Any excuse for some ovies

So did my Sunday/Monday all on double, so that’s 48hrs at single time, said I’ve done my 40hrs can have rest of week off…er no. :smiley: :laughing:

Tax office rung up and said thank you, for helping reduce the national debt, caused by bat flu… :laughing:

It’s been a…

Very profitable week.

Thursday called in to cover an 11.30 blobber for a bonus.

Friday, asked to work for a bonus.

Saturday for Saturday rate.

Sunday for Sunday rate.

Monday for Sunday rate.

Worked it, little run down south coast, total drive 4h30 other work 1hr40 paid my normal 9hrs for it plus double lieu hrs (18 more in the bank) so pretty much £45 an hour. But supermarkets are rubbish right :smiley: