Conditions of carriage

Does any one use their own conditions of carriage, rather than the RHA/FTA?
I was a member of the RHA but found it to be very expensive for the service recieved. However after reading an article in Trucking magazine, with reference to said conditions, I think its time I sorted it out.

Tramper:
Does any one use their own conditions of carriage, rather than the RHA/FTA?
I was a member of the RHA but found it to be very expensive for the service recieved. However after reading an article in Trucking magazine, with reference to said conditions, I think its time I sorted it out.

I thought you could use their conditions of carriage whether a member or not, hav’nt seen the article though, but like you I’m an ex member several hundred squid a year better off :sunglasses: .

The RHA Conditions are covered by Copyright and are only available for use by Members of the Association. You can of course use them anyway, but leave yourself open to prosecution.
I do not wish to either waste anymore by rejoining the RHA , or be liable for prosecution, so I am looking into other ways of doing it. I was hoping to find someone who has already done the leg work and pinch their ideas :laughing: but after a low turn out on this question, it would appear I’m going to have to put the time and effort in myself. :laughing:

fta conditions of carriage are at fta.co.uk/print/services/pub … itions.htm

it says near the bottom

The conditions and these guidance are the copyright of FTA. FTA grants a licence, however, to both members and non-members to use and copy these conditions and guidance notes provided that acknowledgement of FTA’s copyright is noted upon the conditions used and any guidance notes used.

:smiley: Bingo! :smiley: Nice one Den!

it’s the one useful thing I half remembered from when I did my CPC :wink:

they couldn’t use RHA conditions for the training because of copyright (like you said) but they had no problems with FTA conditions :unamused: :unamused:

Another nail in the coffin of the RHA in my opinion. :unamused: