Communicating with agencies

I’m in a bit of a conundrum. :confused:

Ive been working for an agency for over 6 months now, they’ve been good to me, found me good work and helped me gain that precious experience. But everyone knows agency work is only really a stop gap measure until you find a permanent job, which i think i have. :smiley:

Whats bugging me is do i tell the agency that Ive found a job/having interviews and doing assessment drives with a company or don’t say anything? :neutral_face:
I feel a bit of a turncoat as Ive been very loyal to this agency(which i think is 10 years in the Army showing) and gave me the leg up at the start and i feel hat its a matter of courtesy

Does anyone know what is the best course of action as i still want to keep doing work for this agency right up till when i start working for this company (that’s if i pass the assesment drive) :unamused:

Say nowt until you pass the assesment/get offered the job. :wink:

James Bateman:
Say nowt until you pass the assesment/get offered the job. :wink:

What he says… :wink:

I have to agree with the above two posts…

oh and good luck…

Say nothing until you get offered the job although you may be very loyal to your agency they can drop you very quick & they do at times

I can be very loyal but never been in the forces it was the way I was brought up

Remember, look after number one. You.

But yeah, you tell the agency if you are unavailable to work on particular days etc but don’t tell them why. If they push it (which the shouldn’t) then it’s ‘family stuff’. As long as you give them plenty of notice so they can’t complain :smiley: :smiley:

Good Luck :slight_smile:

If assessment uses your digital tacho it will show up.
I like flexibility of agencies and in summer can more or less pick work days/start times. Keep dental appointments etc. Get paid more Saturday/Sunday/bank holidays. Alternate days/ lates/ nights in a week.
With some jobs the firm only uses agency and there are no company drivers.

driver2012:
If assessment uses your digital tacho it will show up.
I like flexibility of agencies and in summer can more or less pick work days/start times. Keep dental appointments etc. Get paid more Saturday/Sunday/bank holidays. Alternate days/ lates/ nights in a week.
With some jobs the firm only uses agency and there are no company drivers.

That may change.

you owe the agency nothing,they needed a driver and you was there if they had no work would they have been bothered.I have worked for an agency for 2 years at the same place but only had 11 days work this year so gone elsewhere so you must do the same.