Coming up in 2008

No its not a rant, just a heads up on some plans for the coming year-and some thanks

Firstly very shortly some changes are being made, while the amount of people who criticise this website is very small, that doesnt mean they dont have some valid points. We have listened, and from tomorrow some changes will be happening. so keep an eye on the stickies…

For the new year-
Firstly, there is the party, your all invited details are at the top of the forum, past years have been a riot, and this year we have some awesome stuff already donated by the truck manufacturers to auction of for the the annual charity

RBI will continue in the new year to develop the new website, this is a long term project that may take many months, , simply put it is a technical problem, we will be moving off the current open source software onto a custom built package based around a commercial content management/forum system.
Integrating the data from this open source platform, so all your usernames, passowrds and posts are kept it is a major undertaking, and a major time and financial investment for RBI.

The drivers truck of the year will be happening again in 2008, instead of journalists choosing the truck of the year we along side Truck & driver magazine will be taking a panel of drivers to usurp them. after all who knows better if a truck can really do the job? :wink: hopefully in 2008 we will be able to incorporate a drive of the vehicles rather than just a static judging.

The Roadtransport.com Xmas draw led to a couple of members here recieveing a nice xmas present, as part of the Road transport Group of RBI we hope that we can bring more chances to you all to get a little extra something for nothing every now and then

Our tie in now with T&D and Commercial motor means that comments made on here can also be seen in print, sometimes we as drivers feel we are not listened to or heard, I know because of e-mails and telephone conversations from directors of companies that many are totally unaware of the true way thier employees view their business, while I make no mistake that TruckNet UK and the words printed in the our colleagues magazines will hardly change the world, I do know that some CEO’s/Directors were truly shocked when they read their own employess remarks. Will that lead to changes for those companies? I dont know, but at least the message is out there.

Finally… some people come to this website and seem more interested in the ins and outs of the business side of the website than actually discussing what the website was set up for…
Now I cannot and will not divulge numbers, but I can say this to those who are so interested.
TruckNet UK had set by RBI a target of page views to achieve in the 1st 12months after the takeover, this target was above last years figures
TruckNet UK achieved over 50% above that target.

TruckNet UK also has to pay its way, financial targets were set, and while that is not any longer my area(it is dealt with by the Road transport group sales team) I can say that RBI are very happy indeed with the return on their investment, targets were again exceeded.

On a personal level I hope you will be glad to hear my original 6 month contract was extended for another 6 moths, and has now been extended for all of 2008

So where does all the above leave TruckNet UK for next year?

We are succesful, achieving targets and in -line for quite a major investment, each year before RBI took ownership we looked forward to trying to make a success, now we have the success and are looking to add to the free facilities we offer.

None of this would be possible without you the members adding your two penny worth, giving your opinion and taking part. without you TruckNet UK is nothing but software on the web, it is you the drivers that give TruckNet UK life.

And to the volunteer moderator and Admin team, - for all the flack you get I dont know why the hell you do it, but I am ■■■■ glad you all do- Thank You

Is the LDOY (Lorry Driver Of the Year) competition still going only I’ve not heard about it in the last few years.

The only one I know of is documented here…
insider.trucknetuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2470

On a personal level I hope you will be glad to hear my original 6 month contract was extended for another 6 months

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

:question: :question:
Dont know if thats a question or not?
My original contract was for 6 months after the takeover (December 21st 2006) that got renewed for another 6 months till December 2007, I now am the git you al can have a go at until December 2008

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: 6 MOTHS Rikki…
Have you been on it? :laughing: :laughing:

You changed it thats cheating :laughing:

OOOPS :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Because I know see what you on about, and you took the mickey over my spelling (red wine is bad OK?)

I edited your post to make you look a wally…

Happy New year

JB:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: 6 MOTHS Rikki…
Have you been on it? :laughing: :laughing:

You changed it thats cheating :laughing:

Look I missed an “N” out… get over it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
and one of the very few advantages of being an admin is to go back and try to correct the mistakes so as not to appear to be a complete idiot

You lot pointing it out doesnt help tho… :wink: :wink: :smiley:

could we have an online virtual gym as part of the freebies then when my mrs asks where im going i can with all honesty say im just off to the gym for a coupleof hrs :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: oh and happy new yr to all

Thanks for the intresting points about the site
and the point about the truck of the year, is a good
one, Drivers will be able to make their views about
the lorry of the year better known, also who does know
what is required to be judged the Lorry of the year,ONLY
the people who use them daily can give a correct and
honest opion, as for the online virtual gym yes please
as my Quack keeps on harping on about me visting the
gym as well, so i can honestly answer yes i am. just
like HairyGorillia wishes to.

ROG:
Is the LDOY (Lorry Driver Of the Year) competition still going only I’ve not heard about it in the last few years.

The only one I know of is documented here…
insider.trucknetuk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2470

Thats the young driver one - the other one, LDOY, was open to everybody - maybe it has lost interest or financial probs were had :question:

Rikki-UK:
OOOPS :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Because I know see what you on about, and you took the mickey over my spelling (red wine is bad OK?)

I edited your post to make you look a wally…

Happy New year

Red wine is bad… :cry:

Soooo white wine is good ? :sunglasses:

Rikki-UK:
Finally… some people come to this website and seem more interested in the ins and outs of the business side of the website than actually discussing what the website was set up for…
Now I cannot and will not divulge numbers, but I can say this to those who are so interested.
TruckNet UK had set by RBI a target of page views to achieve in the 1st 12months after the takeover, this target was above last years figures

[…]

We are succesful, achieving targets[/b] and in -line for quite a major investment…
[/quote]
So what were those targets you’re so proud to announce you’ve achieved then? Did they have a little minus symbol in front of them?
The official Alexa ratings for this site for the past 3 months show a 40% down turn in the traffic, so unless you’d publicly like to accuse Alexa of being wrong, it would appear that someone is talking complete BS. In fact the traffic has halved from 100,000 page views per day in week 3 September 2007 to approx 50,000 per day at the close of the year. :open_mouth:
alexa.com/data/details/traff … knetuk.com

bit puzzled about this bit

Trucknetuk.com users come from these countries:
Canada 67.6%
United Kingdom 21.6%
Slovakia 5.4%
Finland 2.7%
India 2.7%

:confused: :confused: :confused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Keep trying Rob, :wink:
We have a very accurate way of measuring page views thank you very much, and 50,000 page views a week is not even close
I will say that for the weeks you mentioned there was a sizable difference around 23,000 page views in fact.
I will let you guess which week had more !!! :wink: :wink:
Next try please Rob… :unamused: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Rob K:

Rikki-UK:

[…]

We are succesful, achieving targets[/b] and in -line for quite a major investment…
[/quote]
So what were those targets you’re so proud to announce you’ve achieved then? Did they have a little minus symbol in front of them?
The official Alexa ratings for this site for the past 3 months show a 40% down turn in the traffic, so unless you’d publicly like to accuse Alexa of being wrong, it would appear that someone is talking complete BS. In fact the traffic has halved from 100,000 page views in week 3 September 2007 to approx 50,000 at the close of the year. :open_mouth:
alexa.com/data/details/traff … knetuk.com
[/quote]
And furthermore, I fear that I have just proved my point in the feedback thread where you argue that prolific poster’s make no difference to the traffic stats.
If you click on the link provided again and select ‘page views’ and ‘3y’ (3 year history), you will note that in 2006 you had an astronomical amount of traffic, regularly exceeding 200,000 page views per day and even making over 1 million on one day in January 06. Then, at the end of October 2006, it suddenly drops off to around 50,000 per day has been pretty steady since. Hmm, I wonder what happened there then? Would it have anything to do with a certain member being banned on 27 Oct 2006 until 1 Jan 2008 per chance? Noooo, surely it’s nothing more than a coincidence eh Rikki ? :stuck_out_tongue:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

If you click on the link provided again and select ‘page views’ and ‘3y’ (3 year history), you will note that in 2006 you had an astronomical amount of traffic, regularly exceeding 200,000 page views per day and even making over 1 million on one day in January 06. Then, at the end of October 2006, it suddenly drops off to around 50,000 per day has been pretty steady since. Hmm, I wonder what happened there then? Would it have anything to do with a certain member being banned on 27 Oct 2006 until 1 Jan 2008 per chance? Noooo, surely it’s nothing more than a coincidence eh Rikki ? :stuck_out_tongue:

I can guarentee that we have never achieved 200,000 page views a day, and certainly not a million, tho it would be nice too one day :wink: :wink:
Perhaps you need a better way to gather your info Rob, server stats work quite well I hear along with outside web counter code. you know that Rob, but why let that get in the way of Rob K and a little stirring, :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Keep trying Rob, TBH you were far better at this in the old days :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Rikki-UK:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Keep trying Rob, :wink:
We have a very accurate way of measuring page views thank you very much, and 50,000 page views a week is not even close
I will say that for the weeks you mentioned there was a sizable difference around 23,000 page views in fact.
I will let you guess which week had more !!! :wink: :wink:
Next try please Rob… :unamused: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve edited my post. I should have said per day. :wink:

Denis F:
bit puzzled about this bit

Trucknetuk.com users come from these countries:
Canada 67.6%
United Kingdom 21.6%
Slovakia 5.4%
Finland 2.7%
India 2.7%

:confused: :confused: :confused:

It’s not “real” info that. It’s based on where the servers are located and where the traffic is routed through.

Rikki-UK:
:roll: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I can guarentee that we have never achieved 200,000 page views a day, and certainly not a million, tho it would be nice too one day :wink: :wink:
Perhaps you need a better way to gather your info Rob, server stats work quite well I hear along with outside web counter code. you know that Rob, but why let that get in the way of Rob K and a little stirring, :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Keep trying Rob, TBH you were far better at this in the old days :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve seen some squirming in my time … !!!

So you totally disagree that the sudden down turn in traffic from the end of October 2006 was because a certain prolific member had just been suspended?

Just a simple yes or no will suffice !