Coming of the Bricks

Hi All
I’ve been on Block and brick work for the last 5 years,4 years on the Tarmac scheme.
I left last year but now I’m looking to sell my trailer and get onto some cleaner decent work.
I don’t want to pull containers, I would like to get on curtainsiders.
Does anybody know of some “decent” firms to approach,(and one’s to avoid) as I’m a bit green on the general side of things.
All the adverts I’ve seen don’t seem that attractive :cry:
I run a 1 year old trotter xl 6x2 at 44ton.

Thanks in advance

Ian…

bttt

as you probably already know theres a couple of ways to go at it, you can go with such as uki express etc who’ll find you fulltime work but at a rate that suits them or you can just buy a trailer get registered with as many firms as possible and then cherry pick the work, just had 4 months doing just that with a euroliner and it was ok, now gone on to flatbed as thats what i prefer doing downside is you’ll always hit a day when you can’t tie the loads together and end being at home but the upside is you can be doing work that pays very well in terms of a mileage rate, if you fancy a go i can give you plenty of numbers for firms out of the docks hull/goole etc that i know to be ok, theres always plenty going to brum if you can find a few down that way that’ll give you something back to the docks.

paul b:
as you probably already know theres a couple of ways to go at it, you can go with such as uki express etc who’ll find you fulltime work but at a rate that suits them or you can just buy a trailer get registered with as many firms as possible and then cherry pick the work, just had 4 months doing just that with a euroliner and it was ok, now gone on to flatbed as thats what i prefer doing downside is you’ll always hit a day when you can’t tie the loads together and end being at home but the upside is you can be doing work that pays very well in terms of a mileage rate, if you fancy a go i can give you plenty of numbers for firms out of the docks hull/goole etc that i know to be ok, theres always plenty going to brum if you can find a few down that way that’ll give you something back to the docks.

Thanks for that Paul, thats something I hadn’t thought about. Yes the numbers would be a great help thanks.
I was looking to hopefully sub-contract to 1 firm and get my work that way, trouble is you don’t know the good from the bad.
I have spoken to Gwynedd Shipping and they seem interested but I wan’t to find out a little more about them 1st. I ve asken on here but no luck with replies as yet.

Cheers

Ian…

ok mate numbers on their way, as for gwyned you should be aware that they do regular loads of brightbar out of wednesbury corus, must be double sheeted and waiting times can be anything from a couple of hours to a full day so paid waiting time is a must or your wasting your time.