Coaches

They aint allowed to use the outside lane of a motorway under normal conditions are they?

That is correct.

No. Not since about 1997.

Bugger, knew I should have taken a pic and sent it to the company HQ :blush:

Got to be careful taking pics though - especially if its on a mobile phone and you were driving!

Even using a digital camera whilst driving can get you prosecuted.

Have seen a lot of coaches in outside lane of late ,i presumed there was a change in the law .Also are 7.5 tonners allowed out there?

dox:
.Also are 7.5 tonners allowed out there?

some are, some aren’t !!

newer ones with speed limiters aren’t - older ones without limiters are

dox:
Have seen a lot of coaches in outside lane of late ,i presumed there was a change in the law .Also are 7.5 tonners allowed out there?

Only the fast ones which seem a bit silly really.

A coach which will be limited to 60 mph cannot use the outside lane and must fit in with us and a new 7.5 doing 56mph however an older 7.5 tonner with no limiter, no brains, no licence and no training can legally do 70mph in the outer lane. It seems a bit back to front to me.

You need to note their reg numbers and get posted up on here. :wink:

That’ll really sort 'em out! :sunglasses:

Coming north on the M1 today in the road works down near Hemel a National Express coach was in the outside lane of the southbound that splits from the other 2 lanes & runs south on the northbound side. I believe its signed up at 6’ 6" width.

Wheel Nut:

dox:

Only the fast ones which seem a bit silly really.

A coach which will be limited to 60 mph cannot use the outside lane and must fit in with us and a new 7.5 doing 56mph however an older 7.5 tonner with no limiter, no brains, no licence and no training can legally do 70mph in the outer lane. It seems a bit back to front to me.

I sometimes drive a 7.5 tonner and i have brains and a licence and training.
:laughing: :laughing:

There is a PROPOSAL in Government which was supposed to come into force on 1 Jan this year but has been postponed that is for ALL LGVs (including C1 - 7.5 tonners) & coaches to be legally limited (not necessarily physically limited) to 56mph and have the same restrictions on motorways.
Sadly, we are still waiting as I believe that this would help stop some of the frustrations.