Co-op prologis park, Cov

Been driving Class1 a month now but this place really is my nemesis been 3 times and struggle like mad to get onto the bays and parking bays :confused: Today it was even empty :open_mouth:

Starting to get to me now everytime i think my reversing is getting better i end up in there forgetting which way to turn wheel lol Is it just me or does anyone else have places they go to pot??

Yeah, their usually places that lorries are not meant to be, might be a busy street full of parked cars with a blind side reverse over a mini roundabout…

Or a country lane or yard that you couldn’t turn a horse…

But an RDC with bays. A place obviously designed for lorries? Lad get more practice cos if you are having trouble getting on to a bay then your troubles have only just begun!

One tip. Take it slowly.

Thats what im trying to say its that place lol Been to loads of tight holes places not designed for trucks and im O.K (for a newby :smiley: ) but i go to pieces in that one place :confused:

danny_mk2:
Been driving Class1 a month now but this place really is my nemesis been 3 times and struggle like mad to get onto the bays and parking bays :confused: Today it was even empty :open_mouth:

Starting to get to me now everytime i think my reversing is getting better i end up in there forgetting which way to turn wheel lol Is it just me or does anyone else have places they go to pot??

Danny I had exactly the same problem when I started going there, when going onto the parking bays on the right as you pull in just try and go as far to the left of the yard as you can and reverse it in, it doesnt matter how long it takes you to get in, they are a patient lot!!

As for the loading bays, bays 1,2 and 3 can be a bit tight, the best way to get onto them is to get a co-op worker to open the entrance barrier and then just drive straight out, and line the truck up before reversing!! For weeks I tried to get on bays 1 and 2 without doing it that way and it took ages!!

Also when you are leaving unless you are on bays 3.4.5 or 6 DO NOT attempt to drive straight out the exit, if you look you will notice there are chunks of concrete missing off the corner :wink: I always go up to the top of the yard and turn the lorry round up there.

Hope this helps!

Breaker One-Nine:
Yeah, their usually places that lorries are not meant to be, might be a busy street full of parked cars with a blind side reverse over a mini roundabout…

Or a country lane or yard that you couldn’t turn a horse…

But an RDC with bays. A place obviously designed for lorries? Lad get more practice cos if you are having trouble getting on to a bay then your troubles have only just begun!

One tip. Take it slowly.

You obviously haven’t been to Sainsbury’s in Basingstoke…the bays there were designed for trucks in the 60’s when the depot was built! not all supermarket depots/bays are easy to get onto :stuck_out_tongue: There’s one part where the corner is really tight, took the assessor about 2 minutes just to get it around a corner, and that was going forward, not back! Modern RDC’s I’m sure are easy, but the older ones are far from fun in certain places.

Cheers Potter that’s helpful luckily i have not had to go on bay 1 yet and managed bay2 o.k, Its the parking bays that get me most i think its a confidence thing as well as there is usually loads of there drivers watching me.

danny_mk2:
Cheers Potter that’s helpful luckily i have not had to go on bay 1 yet and managed bay2 o.k, Its the parking bays that get me most i think its a confidence thing as well as there is usually loads of there drivers watching me.

I had the same problem mate, I just ignore them now and concentrate on what Im doing, it doesnt matter if it takes you 1 min or 10 min as long as it goes in the bay thats all that matters!! I know it sounds daft but it does get easier, Ive been driving a year now on class one and it just takes time. Dont let anybody pressure you, everybody has had to do what you are doing!

Im going into Coventry tommorow, watch me (zb) it up!! :smiley: :smiley:

Potter:
I had the same problem mate, I just ignore them now and concentrate on what Im doing, it doesnt matter if it takes you 1 min or 10 min as long as it goes in the bay thats all that matters!! I know it sounds daft but it does get easier, Ive been driving a year now on class one and it just takes time. Dont let anybody pressure you, everybody has had to do what you are doing!

Im going into Coventry tommorow, watch me (zb) it up!! :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers hopefully won’t be back in there this week was my last drop today so parked around corner off back up to Shef in morning, If you are ever in there and see a blue and white motor snaking over there yard say hi :smiley: