Clearstone (yet again)

Just wanted to let anyone thinking of using Clearstone or Pathway or Sterling
about the situation I found myself in today.
I started training today for my C cat with a local (Edinburgh) school and was paired with a guy who booked his course through Clearstone mainly cos he didnt know about this site (which put me wide to them).
So there we both are sharing the same cab with the same instructor getting the same training.
He paid £1000 .I paid £588 (£788 - £200 grant from ILA)

Need I say more :question:

Oh and when I got home there was yet another letter from Sterling telling me about this new funding which meant I could get a free C+E course as long as I pass the CPC course which they claim thousands of people have passed- but I had to send of my deposit quick or I would miss out -They just dont give up!

Also got a text from Pathway informing me that the military had cancelld a contract with them so they too could offer me the same sort of deal.
I suppose some people must fall for their “great offers” but Im one of these cynics that believe there aint no such thing as" a free lunch"
:

talllegs:
Just wanted to let anyone thinking of using Clearstone or Pathway or Sterling
about the situation I found myself in today.
I started training today for my C cat with a local (Edinburgh) school and was paired with a guy who booked his course through Clearstone mainly cos he didnt know about this site (which put me wide to them).
So there we both are sharing the same cab with the same instructor getting the same training.
He paid £1000 .I paid £588 (£788 - £200 grant from ILA)

Need I say more :question:

Oh and when I got home there was yet another letter from Sterling telling me about this new funding which meant I could get a free C+E course as long as I pass the CPC course which they claim thousands of people have passed- but I had to send of my deposit quick or I would miss out -They just dont give up!

Also got a text from Pathway informing me that the military had cancelld a contract with them so they too could offer me the same sort of deal.
I suppose some people must fall for their “great offers” but Im one of these cynics that believe there aint no such thing as" a free lunch"
:

So there we both are sharing the same cab with the same instructor getting the same training. Totaly agree, But, sorry if I was paying for training there is no way I would double up on a wagon its like having someone in the back seat of a car when you are learning its not the done thing IMOH … However it also shows that if you agresivley market you can charge what ever you want as there is always someone out there who will belive what is written and not what has been said … Its not there fault as everyone gets caught out once in a while.
:smiley:

hi there bubble,with regards to sharing a cab with someone on training,i understand where you are coming from but remember the training is very intense with alot to take in.I personally had two to one training and found when i was watching the other guy i could pick up what the instructor was saying to him and learn routes better and not to copy his mistakes,also if the other person with you is more experienced you can learn more.

Horses for courses … just feel as though if you do that the rig owner is getting a very good deal it isnt the done thing in cars so why is it in trucks ?

ruddio:
hi there bubble,with regards to sharing a cab with someone on training,i understand where you are coming from but remember the training is very intense with alot to take in.I personally had two to one training and found when i was watching the other guy i could pick up what the instructor was saying to him and learn routes better and not to copy his mistakes,also if the other person with you is more experienced you can learn more.

I also went ‘two to one’ training while I was doing my instructors course and again when I qualified as an examiner. ‘One on one’ training would’ve caused a ‘brain meltdown’ as being in the ‘hot seat’ is both stressful and mentally draining. Many a scenario that was not clear or was difficult to grasp whilst in the hot seat soon became crystal clear when observing the other trainee and their approach to the said situation.

I’m an advocate of 2:1 training, not because I think it’s a ‘cheap con’, but because I genuinely believe its advantages outweigh any perceived disadvantages.

1:1 training does have its place but usually only for when a student is having particular difficulties with a certain aspect of the training i.e. maneuvering area (even then, the second student often ‘learns’ by seeing the exercise take place from outside of the cab).

I had 2:1 Cat C training…two instructors, one pupil!

I had 2:1 training and although it was good to sit back and think for a bit I would rather have understood what was being said between other pupil and instructor. Not Polish, Welsh!!