Clearstone arnt that bad

Hi again guys
Im just posting this as my personal experience of Clearstone, i know they have had some bad press but i booked my class c+e with them and the fasttrack course and so far i have nothing but praise for them.
I have just come back from the fasttrack course which is 2 days delivered by the RHA and there was 15 topics covered from driver hours(which was quite heavy but very informitive) to safe loading.
The guy from the RHA said that you do get your moneys worth and as a new driver i felt that the info was very good and helpfull.
The other thing was that clearstone have been nothing but helpfull, send out the relevent letters within a day or 2 and send reminders with a map and directions to everything.
So i know a lot of people have had bad experiences with them but shoot me down in flames if u wish but i have to say i wish the company that i took my Class 2 with were half as good.
No nasty pms please… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused:

let me guess…your an estate agent who’s lookin to ‘do a bit ov weekend work’ while things are quite on the house market front :question: dont make me laugh mate but all clearstone have done is charge you a WHACKING great comission to pass your class 1,through a no-doubt repitible ‘third party’ how clevers that EH! :question:

Hitler wasnt too bad either it seems. He was good to his mother and kind to his dog :laughing:

erm…he poisoned his dog :S

Well i get the picture folks. Prob wont mention thier name again :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

erm…he poisoned his dog :

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Oh!! He WAS a bad man then!!!

Just heard about a guy who gave his bank details to this company and they took the money from his account, before he even had any lessons. This has left him in financial difficulties. So anyone who is thinking of going to this company make sure you have the full payment requirements in detail.

a lot of people slate Qualitas but i have nothing but praise for them, the two Qualitas instructors that took me for my class 2 and my class 1 were brilliant, i passed both first time, where the problem lies with some companys is with the office staff, i recon they must be on comission or something and dont care what they do to get the bookings and this obviously upsets people and has an affect on what people think of the company, when i booked mine i booked my class 2 and my class 1 training together, anyway, when i passed my class 2 i rang the office people expecting them to fit me in for class 1 training straight away but they said to me i had to sit my cpc exam first and then they got a grant which paid for my class 1 training, they didnt tell me this when i booked!! i was just led to believe i had been given a good deal, so after many arguments with them they werent going to budge so i paid them more money and went straight into my class 1 training, as i had already paid what i had i stuck with them and passed, in hindsight i am glad i did because the instructors were brilliant, just a pity the tw*ts in the office let the company down.

Just heard about a guy who gave his bank details to this company and they took the money from his account, before he even had any lessons. This has left him in financial difficulties. So anyone who is thinking of going to this company make sure you have the full payment requirements in detail.

I heard exactly the same story this week from another guy.
He had telephoned Clearstone for details and explained that he was being made reduntant shortly and would only be able to book if and when his redundancy money came through.
the person on the phone told him to give all his details so that when he was ready to go then they could fast track the whole thing.
The next thing he heard was that the full amount - well over a thousand pounds - had been taken from his account.
He contacted them of course and was told the money was not refundable.
He is now taking legal action to recover the money as he has signed nothing.
I will try to find out if he has any sucess with this.

Clearstone

Ha Ha

Useless!!!

They still text me with jobs, id have thought putting me in allied’s would have taught them otherwise but no. Anyways the laugh was on them I never completed the 13 week induction so hopefully they never got paid.

Ha Ha.

hotrod_boogie:
a lot of people slate Qualitas but i have nothing but praise for them, the two Qualitas instructors that took me for my class 2 and my class 1 were brilliant, i passed both first time

Likewise, I did both my tests with Qualitas and found them to be a good company

however this was “pre-sterling” days

i too went with clearstone,sat in the cab next to someone who paid 400 pound less than me to do the same course,i also got all the familiar stories on this site,they bend over backwards to they get there money then you cant get hold of them for love or money once paid.unfortunately i found this fabulous website too late.
i even applied for a job through them about a month ago was told the job was as good as mine,excitedly told the missus like you do start planning for xmas then despite making SIX phonecalls to them over a week was not returned calls or fobbed off with crap,that to me is out of order.
Anyway ive had my say about them the programme rogue traders springs to mind,aaahhhhhhhhhh thats better good old clearstone. :wink: :wink: :smiley:

the programme rogue traders springs to mind,aaahhhhhhhhhh thats better good old clearstone.

I often expect to find them on Watchdog or the like.
Maybe then people will stop being taken in by these sales pitches.

Clearstone don’t have a good reputation, for several reasons.

One is their ‘sharp’ practices, as has been mentioned in this thread already.
Take into account that it’s ‘never my fault’ when reading these anecdotes though.

Another reason is that, although Clearstone can give you a very good ‘all in one’ service, it isn’t anything you can’t do yourself with a bit of effort. They apparently charge you a lot of money for this service.

I’ve had no personal contact with Clearstone myself, so I’m only repeating what I’ve read about them over several years.

Mothertrucker:

Just heard about a guy who gave his bank details to this company and they took the money from his account.

The next thing he heard was that the full amount - well over a thousand pounds - had been taken from his account.
He contacted them of course and was told the money was not refundable.
He is now taking legal action to recover the money as he has signed nothing.
I will try to find out if he has any sucess with this.

If the money was taken via Direct Debit he should have had confirmation before the funds were taken. If they were taken via bank card then that is where a problem lies. With Credit Cards there is some protection, but not with debit cards.

If in despute the bank might be able to claw the money back, but otherwise I’d suggest the CAB. ASAP.