Class C training help

Hi chaps I new to the forum and am after a little advice
I am looking at doing my Class C for my personal benefits and I am looking at the offer
that sterling has which is

Licence Pack
Medical fee
Theory test course
Theory test fees + retest if needed
Hazard perception test fee
Practical training
DSA test fee
Garneted pass insurance
All for £1049

So my question is has anyone used them for there training :question: I’ve been looking at similar course in my area and they
Are by far the cheapest for this type of package :smiley: As I said I’m not looking at getting a job at the end of it so I’m not interested Inn the garneted job stuff they promise :laughing: which is a lode of rubbish in the current climate I now. any help and advice would be much appreciated :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers
Dale

Stay away :open_mouth: from that particular and ALL ‘national’ training centres

In my honest opinion, I fell for their sweet lies and now bear the consequences

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Look for a training school near you here LGV TRAINING TIPS [Reworked 01/02/2022] (Read only) - #5 by rog - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

And, pray to God, Allah other religious leaders available that you found this site before you gave those slimy barstewards your money

Dale1:
Hi chaps I new to the forum and am after a little advice

You may need a lot of advice…

Dale1:
I am looking at doing my Class C for my personal benefits and I am looking at the offer
that sterling has

YUP, you definitely need advice… probably from someone like a ROG :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Dale1 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
I do hope you like reading - grab a large cuppa…

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is the UK short of drivers ? & Was it really worth it?

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC, and much more…

dont give sterling or any national training company your money

you can do you training with alocal company for hundreds less than sterling and you wont get ripped off.

Ok thanks guys :smiley: I will keep looking round at my local schools and geting costs of them :smiley:
they are seeming a bit pricey at the min :confused: but then I suppose you get what you pay for.
After looking in to the sterling one a bit more you only get about 12-13hrs driving time in total
compeared to the 20hrs you get with the smaller schools.
I’m going to get my medical and licence sorted next week and take it from there.

I’m just glad my boss told me about thi site before I gave sterling my deposit :smiley: :smiley:

Dale1:
Ok thanks guys :smiley: I will keep looking round at my local schools and geting costs of them :smiley:

Good move - where in the UK are you :question:

Dale1:
I’m going to get my medical and licence sorted next week and take it from there.

Have you had a look at the cheap medicals thread :question:

Dale1:
I’m just glad my boss told me about thi site before I gave sterling my deposit :smiley: :smiley:

You owe your boss a drink.

where are you based?

the company i went with sorted the license application, booked the medical (cheaper than i could get it), trained me for the theories and booked them all for free. Obviously i paid the fees for the test though them. The lessons and test were about 950.

ROG:
Good move - where in the UK are you :question:

Hi mate I’m in Nottingham, do you know any good schools here?

Funny you ask about the medicals thread, I’ve just been on the thread and thats help me out :smiley: will be giving one of them a call on monday to get it sorted :smiley: :smiley:

What sort of time scale will I be looking at for my licence to be returned from DVLA? I need to get thing moving pretty quick before the new cpc comes in in september :wink:

Cynic-al:
where are you based?

the company i went with sorted the license application, booked the medical (cheaper than i could get it), trained me for the theories and booked them all for free. Obviously i paid the fees for the test though them. The lessons and test were about 950.

the cheapest I’ve got the lessons for so far is £900 for 20hrs plus the test day at £235 and the medicals and stuff on top so I will be looking at about £1350 ish all in :confused:

sent you a pm , see top of this page mate

Dale1:
Hi mate I’m in Nottingham, do you know any good schools here?

Only what is already on the list - remember to try those schools that are within reasonable travelling distance as well - perhaps Leicester or Sheffield areas - a lot will depend on your Nottingham location as you do not really want to be fighting rush hour traffic either to or from training - you will be tired enough as it is.

Dale1:
What sort of time scale will I be looking at for my licence to be returned from DVLA? I need to get thing moving pretty quick before the new cpc comes in in september :wink:

As long as you PASS your C test before 10 Sept, then that will not be a concern.

I’ve just sent data academy an email for some prices :smiley: they seem to have very good feedback, and there only in leister which wouldn’t bee to far for me to travel :smiley:

Try J Coates they have an office in Leicester and Nottingham and looking at their website they will give you your first year of driver cpc training free

www.jcoates.co.uk

burnie1:
Try J Coates they have an office in Leicester and Nottingham and looking at their website they will give you your first year of driver cpc training free

jcoates.co.uk

I have rang them there very expensive about £1360 for a 5 day and the test :cry:

Dale1:
£1360 for a 5 day and the test

Is that with the test on the fifth day or 5 days training and test on day 6 :question:

ROG:
Is that with the test on the fifth day or 5 days training and test on day 6 :question:

That was 5 days + test on the 6th, assuming I only need 5 days training otherwise the cost would go up £200.

burnie1:
jcoates.co.uk

Dale1:
I have rang them there very expensive about £1360 for a 5 day and the test :cry:

ROG:

Dale1:
That was 5 days + test on the 6th, assuming I only need 5 days training otherwise the cost would go up £200.

That sounds about right - as a ‘general’ rule, it seems that most 5 days courses including the test on day 5 are about £1,000.

ROG:

burnie1:
jcoates.co.uk

Dale1:

ROG:

Dale1:

That sounds about right - as a ‘general’ rule, it seems that most 5 days courses including the test on day 5 are about £1,000.

Five day courses either C or C&E with J Coates are £989.00 this price is known to be up to date…because I just know :wink: