class c newbie

hi can anybody tell me what the job situation is really like out there for a newbie around the leicestershire area at the moment i have spoke to a few agencys but get the same reply ,being we cant promise you any work,but leave your details with us,i dont really want to give up my full time job to start driving the odd day here and there,am begining to feel like it was a waste of time taking the class c licence but i dont want to be stuck in a factory all the time,i was thinking about trying to do some weekend driving to gain experience but think i would have problems with the wtd regulations

dave381970:
hi can anybody tell me what the job situation is really like out there for a newbie around the leicestershire area at the moment i have spoke to a few agencys but get the same reply ,being we cant promise you any work,but leave your details with us,i dont really want to give up my full time job to start driving the odd day here and there,am begining to feel like it was a waste of time taking the class c licence but i dont want to be stuck in a factory all the time,i was thinking about trying to do some weekend driving to gain experience but think i would have problems with the wtd regulations

Have you tried Driver Hire as I heard they were looking for drivers to work in the Leicestershire area ?

Weekend working would not be a WTD problem but an EU driver regs problem - generally if you are working from mon to fri then you can legally drive for one day every other weekend