Class 2 training - day 1!

Ok so it was only 2 hours today as another trainee has his test today but those 2 hours flew by!!!
I got to Zenith at about 07:20, got there fine apart from going to a petrol station to buy a packet of ■■■■ and then completely missing the turning!!!
I was introduced to my Instructor, Peter and another instructor who was coming along called Gordon and after being shown the vehicle checks and the gear box (4 over 4 Scania) then it was out onto the road :open_mouth:
It wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be to be honest, right out of HMS Daedalus, along the seafront past the hovercraft place then up onto the M27 for a few junctions then onto a quiet road to go right through the gears to get me used to them!!!
Im going to be honest, and I was told this also, that Im approaching roundabouts etc a bit to quick and trying to use the gears to slow down which Im going to try not to do for the rest of the week… :blush:
Tomorrow its the double lesson at 6 hours and will be doing the braking and reversing excersises and obviously driving :laughing:
Overall they were quite impressed with my driving - scoring 6.5 out of 10 :laughing: :laughing:
Cant wait for the rest of the week… :sunglasses:

Bet you’ll sleep well tomorrow night :wink: :slight_smile:

I remember my instructor saying to me “look son brakes are cheaper than gearboxes so use the bloody brakes” :laughing:

Good look it’ll all come good in the end.

nice one mate,

as long as you dont go into bus driving mode you should be ok (stopping at every ■■■■■■■ bustop :smiley: :smiley: ).

what time you starting and finishing tomorrow? i might be off early tomorrow afternoon so you might get chance of a Lee brew.

dont forget they owe you an hour as well from today.

Giblsa:
nice one mate,

as long as you dont go into bus driving mode you should be ok (stopping at every [zb] bustop :smiley: :smiley: ).

One came out - buses are automatic therefore got used to the retarder braking quicker than a truck :blush:

what time you starting and finishing tomorrow? i might be off early tomorrow afternoon so you might get chance of a Lee brew.

Its hours tomorrow so, 08:45 - 14:45…

dont forget they owe you an hour as well from today.

They are aware of that, the hour is being made up during the week… :wink:
I’ll try and get some pics tomorrow as well… :wink:

DAF95XF:

Giblsa:

Its hours tomorrow so, 08:45 - 14:45…

i’ll send you a text tomorrow when i finish work.

I should be home for about half 2 ish (if i make enough brews for the boss :smiley: :smiley: )