Class 2 training today :D

Hi all, just want to share my story.

Started today. Set out at 8:10 am, got there for 10:35 am. Junction bloody 10 on the M6…

Anyway. Got there, got sorted, got out to the truck. Walk-around checks. Tim drove us out, showing me the appropriate mirror checking, timing, positioning etc. Pulled up, and swapped. :smiley: He explained to me why one of the other instructors hugged the left side mirror, because another trainee had tore it off on a lamppost :open_mouth:. Unfortunate for them. Scary for me.

Started off, round some islands, just getting used to the brakes, the length, turning. That sort of jazz. Then off and away! Scary stuff but I got more used to it after a bit. Going either too wide, too tight, or too slow turning left. And too fast turning right? I don’t know how I manage it…

Scary moment coming on to a dual carriageway, come round the corner Tim says “Step on it” so I do. Just as i come round the corner, car sitting in the middle of the lane with the hazards on. Check right mirror, Mr. White Saloon Car is just gonna keep coming anyway, so I end up standing on the brake pedal, plenty of room! Tim seemed impressed. Just went round him and carried on.

Got back, somebody was on test, so we tried to stay out the way and reversed it in to it’s spot. Just like a car really. Mirrors to look at your lines. No biggie.

So all in all I think I good first day. Just sitting in the hotel room wondering why I told the girl I’d like dinner at 6 and not right this bloody instant! So now I’m watching Big Bang Theory and eating Raisin Brioche (I wanted chocolate but didn’t look at the packet :frowning: ).

Getting in the car felt bloody weird. Thought I was gonna scrape my backside on the floor because it felt so low in comparison… :unamused:

htmldude:
Hi all, just want to share my story.

Started today. Set out at 8:10 am, got there for 10:35 am. Junction bloody 10 on the M6…

Anyway. Got there, got sorted, got out to the truck. Walk-around checks. Tim drove us out, showing me the appropriate mirror checking, timing, positioning etc. Pulled up, and swapped. :smiley: He explained to me why one of the other instructors hugged the left side mirror, because another trainee had tore it off on a lamppost :open_mouth:. Unfortunate for them. Scary for me.

Started off, round some islands, just getting used to the brakes, the length, turning. That sort of jazz. Then off and away! Scary stuff but I got more used to it after a bit. Going either too wide, too tight, or too slow turning left. And too fast turning right? I don’t know how I manage it…

Scary moment coming on to a dual carriageway, come round the corner Tim says “Step on it” so I do. Just as i come round the corner, car sitting in the middle of the lane with the hazards on. Check right mirror, Mr. White Saloon Car is just gonna keep coming anyway, so I end up standing on the brake pedal, plenty of room! Tim seemed impressed. Just went round him and carried on.

Got back, somebody was on test, so we tried to stay out the way and reversed it in to it’s spot. Just like a car really. Mirrors to look at your lines. No biggie.

So all in all I think I good first day. Just sitting in the hotel room wondering why I told the girl I’d like dinner at 6 and not right this bloody instant! So now I’m watching Big Bang Theory and eating Raisin Brioche (I wanted chocolate but didn’t look at the packet :frowning: ).

Getting in the car felt bloody weird. Thought I was gonna scrape my backside on the floor because it felt so low in comparison… :unamused:

I started my training today too… I didn’t do bad either… just did loads of roundabouts which in fact got me settled with the gear changes, timing, speed and positioning.

Tomorrow. … new chapter,; Reversing, walk around checks and show me tell me :slight_smile:

When is your test? I got mine on Wednesday.

BTW, good luck and all the best on your test

Good reads, both of you.
Hope it continues to go well.
Keep us updated if you will - real nice to read first hand ‘diary-style’ accounts :sunglasses:

Jon