Class 1 passed 31 years ago, first job in the morning

Well, I finally am going to drive an HGV for pay after passing my class 1 test in 1977. I never took up driving as a career after I gained my licence.

The agency rang up today to ask if I was working on Friday. I had registered a couple of months ago and had only had 2 shifts driving a Transit Connect soon after registering. I heard nothing more from them til today. I thought they had forgotten about me to be honest.

They wanted a class 2 driver for the auction in Measham on Friday. It is one of my days off from my day job so I took the job. ( I only work 3 or 4 days a week at my main job).

Apparently I’m collecting trucks from the parking area, taking them into the auction to be sold and then parking them again. Repeat as required. 9.30 start, job & finish at around 2 to 3 o’clock. Paid for “full shift” of 8 hours.

No tacho as entirely on site.

Has anyone else had this gig before? Any tips or comments? :question:

Thanks
BJD

Yeah dont hit anything till there sold :smiley:

Good luck.

mikewhi:
Yeah dont hit anything till there sold :smiley:

Good luck.

Yeah, good tip. Wait til they sell it then prang it. Have I got that right?

Thanks Mate. :slight_smile:

BJD

I know some firms make you wait a couple of years before employing a new driver - but its 2 years not 20!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mothertrucker:
I know some firms make you wait a couple of years before employing a new driver - but its 2 years not 20!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m just a slow starter. Maybe I’m just slow.eh? :laughing: